[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF have you gotten me into /lit/? The first portion of the book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103KB, 392x574px) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103KB, 392x574px
WTF have you gotten me into /lit/? The first portion of the book is beyond magnificent, but I can't tell if Pirate is having hallucinations during the Adenoid part or is there some higher significance to this pre-WWII rendition. Can anyone explain how Blatherard Osmo's monstrous Adenoid can be ripped apart from him like some separate entity?
>>
>>9550074
Book was written by a drug addeled retard boomer, just discard it.
>>
>>9550077
***addled
>>
>>9550077
Pynchon here, i've never done a single drug in my entire life, except for soda.
>>
File: Youre2Cheeky.gif (87KB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
Youre2Cheeky.gif
87KB, 360x300px
>>9550087
>>
pirate's ability is to get into other people's fantasies. the whole blob scenario is that other guy fantasy, being experienced by pirate in order to let that other dude accomplish his work
>>
>>9550547
this
>>
>>9550077
Pynchmeister isn't a boomer, ya dingus.
>>
>>9550947
Yeah, he's from the silent generation
>>
>>9550074
Is this your first Pynchon? Because if you're not used to his style and themes you will have a tough time getting through the first chapter of GR
>>
>>9550074

Seriously, do people ever get past the first 50 pages of this book? Seems like any and all discussion of GR is always in reference to the bananas, giant adenoid, and then the part where he goes down the toilet. I just assume everybody gives up before they finish it despite their best intentions (I personally lasted about 500 pages).
>>
>>9551017
there was a whole long thread about the ending like a week or so ago
>>
>>9551017
I finished it in around 2 weeks and loved every moment
>>
It becomes much more readable once you realize you're not meant to understand what's going on most of the time. You're just meant to lose yourself in it and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>9551871
this, just skim read it and then go back to specific parts later
>>
>>9550074
Its an allusion to fascism.
>>
surrealism for dudebros
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.