[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does "courage" manifest itself in everyday modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: goodvsevil.png (49KB, 450x208px) Image search: [Google]
goodvsevil.png
49KB, 450x208px
How does "courage" manifest itself in everyday modern life? Alphas like Plato and Dostoevsky viewed this quality as being a necessary virtue for thinkers, and nearly every culture venerates those deemed to be courageous, but what exactly does that entail? How in the world can someone in a developed part of the world be courageous?
>>
Speaking uncomfortable truths requires courage, as does genuinely questioning one's own beliefs.
>>
>>9548352
Oh, yeah.
>>
>>9548338
live without avarice, and dont charge interest

have the courage to not smoke weed or have pre-marital sex. have the courage to take a stand against immigration even if it puts your career at risk.
>>
>>9548338
Courage isn't even real you goon
>>
Realising the alpha shit is a retarded myth brought about by a flawed study of wolves is courageous since you realise you're an idiotic mongoloid
>>
>>9548750

>against immigration

Says the American.
>>
its another 'application of modern linguistic definitions to the past" episode

the ancient Greek idea of courage/honor/heroism however you want to translate it, arete, can apply as equally to a baker baking bread to the best of his ability as it can to a warrior fighting to the best of his ability.
>>
>>9548338
>courage is doing what other people tell you. Even to your own detriment
>>
>>9549080
believe me, I feel bad about what we did to the natives, but I'm an amerinigger so I can't go back to Europe.

I'm going to die childless, but ill make it my lifes gwork to prevent this fate from befalling anyone else. Immigration is inherently immoral and unjust.
>>
>>9549036
>triggered by the mere use of the word alpha

Who fucked your wife?
>>
>>9549413

>this deep into /pol/ shit

Nuke this board. We've become a cesspit worse than the sffg.
>>
>>9548338
courage is any form of perseverance through adversity i think
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.