[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Poems >Short stories >Novella >Essays Give me one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 11

File: 200px-Edgar_Allan_Poe_portrait.jpg (11KB, 200x248px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Edgar_Allan_Poe_portrait.jpg
11KB, 200x248px
>Poems
>Short stories
>Novella
>Essays
Give me one more consistent writer
Protip: there isn't
>>
File: Ivo_Andric_crop.jpg (71KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ivo_Andric_crop.jpg
71KB, 360x450px
alright
>>
File: Voltaire.jpg (45KB, 374x450px) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire.jpg
45KB, 374x450px
>>9547763
>>
>>9547777
checked. He looks like Arno Schmidt
>>
File: Festival-Miroslav-Krleza-1.jpg (152KB, 1535x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Festival-Miroslav-Krleza-1.jpg
152KB, 1535x1133px
>>9547777
Nice digits but you posted the wrong pic
(Is Andrić really that diverse? I know of his novels and early poetry but have never heard of essays or dramas.)
>>
>>9547763
bls
>>
File: 175437563348 (571x800).jpg (251KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
175437563348 (571x800).jpg
251KB, 571x800px
>>9547763
Agreed.
No one greater than Poe.
>>
>>9547763
Melville did better in all categories
>>
File: Pessoa.jpg (362KB, 1084x1513px) Image search: [Google]
Pessoa.jpg
362KB, 1084x1513px
>>9547763
Although Poe was a massive influence on Pessoa, and in fact, here in Portugal, Pessoa did the translation for The Raven
>>
File: borges.jpg (35KB, 480x630px) Image search: [Google]
borges.jpg
35KB, 480x630px
No novellas though
>>
Chesterton desu

He also did biographies.
>>
Nothin' personnel kid
>>
>>9548120
Do relative clauses count as complete sentences in Portugal?
>>
>>9548091
I know he had some short essay-like entries concerning Whitman's Leaves of grass
>>
File: jamesjoyce[1].jpg (212KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
jamesjoyce[1].jpg
212KB, 1600x900px
>>9547763
>not doing all those things and also writing a play
>>
>>9548151
>the Borges

The obvious choice
He did do some longer collaborative stuff with Bioy Casares
Also Poe was a major influence on him
Also Poe was a lousy poet
>>
File: Baudelaire_crop.jpg (163KB, 755x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Baudelaire_crop.jpg
163KB, 755x1006px
>>9548461
>Also Poe was a lousy poet
INCREDIBLY RUDE!
APOLOGIZE NOW
>>
>>9548444
Eh, if that is so, Krleža is a far more diverse author.
>>
>>9548506
I've never read Krleza, dsist, so I can't judge properly. I'm well-read when it comes to Serbian lit, but not Croatian.
>>
>>9548495
THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BALLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELSS THE BELLS THE BELLS THE BELLS
>>
>>9547763
Camus, you got a diverse writing style in his novels, some fantastic essays, great short stories which can be seen in Exile and the Kingdom, and he was a playwright as well with works like Caligula and The Possessed.
>>
>>9548580
But what's the point?
>>
>>9548495

Anon, I'm very sorry ... to have to show you this

A VALENTINE.

For her this rhyme is penned, whose luminous eyes,
Brightly expressive as the twins of Loeda,
Shall find her own sweet name, that, nestling lies
Upon the page, enwrapped from every reader.
Search narrowly the lines!—they hold a treasure
Divine—a talisman—an amulet
That must be worn at heart. Search well the measure—
The words—the syllables! Do not forget
The trivialest point, or you may lose your labor!
And yet there is in this no Gordian knot

Which one might not undo without a sabre,
If one could merely comprehend the plot.
Enwritten upon the leaf where now are peering
Eyes scintillating soul, there lie perdus
Three eloquent words oft uttered in the hearing
Of poets, by poets—as the name is a poet’s, too.
Its letters, although naturally lying
Like the knight Pinto—Mendez Ferdinando—
Still form a synonym for Truth—Cease trying!
You will not read the riddle, though you do the best you can do.

There's a reason the bulk of his poetry is stuck back in the last volume of his collected works, after stuff like 'Philosophy of Furniture':
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2151/2151-h/2151-h.htm
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.