[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a final revision of the religious texts chart I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Religious Texts v3.jpg (1015KB, 2000x2820px) Image search: [Google]
Religious Texts v3.jpg
1015KB, 2000x2820px
I've got a final revision of the religious texts chart I made. I tried to take all criticisms into account, removed the unabridged Talmud (no one's going to read that), and made the Buddhism section as inclusive of the different schools as I could.

Hope you guys find it useful.
>>
>>9546655
Thanks.
>>
>>9546655
Thanks

It's always nice to see a new /lit/ chart
>>
>>9546655
That Mahabharata set is aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>9546655
Oh yes thank you, I've been looking for this
>>
Thanks for this, anon. Will be very helpful for summer study.
>>
>>9546655

Fantastic work. Saved.

Have a (you).
>>
>>9546655
Thank you very much!
>>
>>9546655
Thanks Anon, really helpful
>>
>>9546655
Nice. Have a little bump
>>
>>9546655
thank you, this chart is very well done
>>
>>9546655
You forgot the fundamental texts of Hinduism, which are the Vedas.

Also RSV-CE is much better than NRSV.
>>
>>9550291
Also a good Midrashim collection would be a good addition to the Jewish section.
>>
Does anyone know of an equivalent to Reza Aslan's No God But God, but for Christianity and Judaism? Looking for a book that is somewhat unbiased, which covers the history and circumstances that led to the modern interpretations of those religions.
>>
>>9546655
Islam is kinda missing. You should've added Kutub al-Sittah. But overall, it's a great chart.
>>
>>9546655
Thank you.
>>
The list should include the Pure Land Buddhist Sutras, those are some of my favorites
>>
>>9550366
A History of Christianity - Diarmaid MacCulloch

It also gives background on 2nd Temple Judaism, which Christianity obviously grew out of.
>>
>>9546655
Thanks a million!
>>
>>9550291
I know but they're not exactly introductory and are hard to understand. The epics and Upanishads have more developed beliefs.

>>9550372
>You should've added Kutub al-Sittah
I couldn't find a good translation for all of them and I thought Al-Nawawi's forty would be ok for novices. If you know of a good translation do let me know!
>>
>>9550481
Thank you so much. That is exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>>9546655
i have no idea where to start with any of this. im interested in indian and chinese religion, anyone got any help? the only thing i read really was journey to the west.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.