[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /lit/ feel about this short story about hookup cult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1487382865500s.jpg (2KB, 125x89px) Image search: [Google]
1487382865500s.jpg
2KB, 125x89px
How does /lit/ feel about this short story about hookup culture, written from the perspective of a cock carousel rider/Chad's hoe?
https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/looking-forward-to-the-harem/
>>
Typical mindless consumerist drone.

>it was just like an L L bean commercial
>>
File: EternalPain.jpg (45KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
EternalPain.jpg
45KB, 800x533px
>>9545367
Its interesting to sift through the mental lines of defense she organizes to justify being one of the many, and to watch as she feebly juggles ideas about making him exclusive instead of facing reality. This entire piece reads like it was written as an excuse to everyone besides herself, when really the only intended reader was herself.

This, among other things, has convinced me more than ever that Christianity and religion in general is the only cultural force responsible for monogamy in humans. Its so natural to watch the women flock to the highest value men and harshly neglect (and justify neglecting) low value or even mid value men.

I can't believe society has fallen this far. I'm reading about a fucking "women's council" where this Chad's mistresses try to make peace with each other. These women who actually seem semi-sentient and not braindead fat white trash. Fucking fuck.

This is /lit/ for sure. Just not the good kind. It certainly says something about our society. Good post OP
>>
>>9545453

It's just erotic fiction mate
>>
File: moe.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>9545480
I'm still mad. I'm enjoying my anger.
>>
jesus christ you guys got past the first couple paragraphs?
>>
I'll commend it on having an unusual premise. I don't really think it's about hook-up culture, unless you're the author shilling it here, in which case it's a really hollow and shallow point you're making about hook-up culture. I thought of it more like "lol, what if". You could take it as a criticism of polygamy I guess, but instead I guess I'd like to pretend it's more interesting than it actually is, or at least is on the surface level.
>>
>>9545453

Thanks. Yeah, it's /lit/ all right--for better or worse--including the hollowness/horror, the "What the fuck happened to us?" reaction. There's no denying how relevant it is to our human condition after the sexual revolution.

It's basically a female telling of an "Elementary Particles" or (pardon the term) 'redpilled' outlook re:human nature in society after the erosion of sexual monogamy.
The woman is always justifying to herself that she'll never be so lonely as to have to resort to monogamy with a mid-value male. Chad will always be there. It's chilling.
>>
hop off my didick diddicoy 3-card monte jiggahoy-hoe hoi polloi Jamie Fischer Miscreant

sage for advertising
>>
>>9545629

I'm not the author.
Yeah, it's about polygamy, and that's what's so chilling about it--the intelligent, cultured woman thoroughly rationalizing to herself her choice of polygamy over monogamy, despite the other voices in her life telling her she's being used--she knows she is, and yet she still feels it's more fulfilling than monogamy.
>>
>>9545707
I mean the error is clearly that she is not polygamous while he is, whereas in actual hook-up culture the commonly accepted deal is that both can go sleep with anybody, regardless of if it turns out that way. As a critique of modern polygamy it doesn't really seem all that accurate or chilling (as in, the implication that these very confident and attractive men are dominating the dating pool doesn't really seem to be very true, and therefore it's not horrifying or really a good critique).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.