[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys act like reading books makes you some sort of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0891.jpg (34KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0891.jpg
34KB, 256x256px
Why do you guys act like reading books makes you some sort of intellectual? My background is in academia and I can't help but notice a trend of reading books which are quite frankly above your caliber but you do so anyways to seem cool on your GoodReads page.

>oh wow, I'm discussing a high level philosophy book. This makes me feel good because it's what high society people do

Of course, I'm sure not all of you partake in this idiocy. But most of you do.
>>
>>9544134
Why do you act like having a background in academia makes you some sort of intellectual? They're just books, anon, and it's just an anonymous image board. People are going to act like pretentious fuckwits everywhere you go in the world.
>>
>>9544134
Quick! Define intellectual. Oh, so sorry. Too late. Looks like we have another loser. (Diane, are there parting gifts? No?) Please leave....
>>
>>9544134
What's your purpose in posting this thread? Do you have some sort of goal in mind?
>>
>Why do you guys act like reading books makes you some sort of intellectual?
Because it's funny when you get angry about it.
>>
>>9544134
What is the most hard book to understand?

I want to anger faggots like (you).

>implying you need to pay 765 000$ for a undergrad in burgerland to be able to be an (((academic))).
>>
>>9544161
Yes, I am trying to understand where the satisfaction is in lying to yourselves.
>>
>>9544157

1-800-OMG-STOP

gimme a call my dude
>>
>>9544145

/thread
>>
>>9544282

You are trying to bait us into fondling your scrotum while you jerk off over you "background" in "academia."
>>
>>9544134
you serious? Are you asking why like you don't know?
Being intellectually prominent is a highly sought after treat, of course people will want to seem like they have that treat in order to be accepted/admired
>>
>>9544282
The only person I see lying to themself in this thread is the OP, by portraying "Anonymous" as one big person made up of traits that everyone would agree are bad ones.
If you were actually intelligent you'd realize that literally nobody here thinks themselves an intellectual simply because they read books like "high society" does, even if it's true of them. So you'd realize trying to "understand" that reasoning is a waste of time. So either you're lying about trying to understand anything, and posted the thread just to jerk yourself off in some ritual of superiority, or you're lying to yourself in thinking you're above those types of people because you're just as stupid in thinking you'd get any sort of understanding from this thread considering otherwise you'd know there'd be no honesty.
>>
>>9544459
Not him but I don't know who you are trying to fool. We literally use the word 'pseuds' to describe the people op is talking about
>>
>>9544134
Has it really never occurred to you that there might be postgrads and academics on here? I earned my PhD in 2011 and have worked as a researcher and part-time instructor ever since.
>>
>>9544813
Yes and you're "the people" op is talking about.
>>
File: 1494940563018.jpg (99KB, 1156x892px) Image search: [Google]
1494940563018.jpg
99KB, 1156x892px
>>9544928
This make you a pseud because I want you to be one.
>>
>>9544134
>background is in academia
That hardly means anything these days.
>>
>people should stick to books on their "caliber", so they can be stuck at the same norme-tier level "literature" forever

your autismo is showing, you have to go back to r/books. literally the only way one can "advance" in pretty much anything is to challenge oneself progressively, with harder and harder things.
>>
>>9544134
>Mentions his background is in academia when it has no relevance to his point
>You guys are all doing stuff to look intellectual so you can brag about it on the internet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.