[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guestbook entries in the same holocaust memorial. >Obama:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 23orbmaster768.jpg (69KB, 768x543px) Image search: [Google]
23orbmaster768.jpg
69KB, 768x543px
Guestbook entries in the same holocaust memorial.

>Obama: “I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution. At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man’s potential for great evil, but also our capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know this history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim ‘never again.’ And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims, but also as individuals who helped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit.”

>Trump: "It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends - so amazing + will never forget!"
>>
>Trump: "It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends - so amazing + will never forget!"

This man's verbose, eloquent, and literary genius ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>9543884
>Obama's:
>pretentious and long winded, almost as if trying to use as much words as possible.
>Trump's:
Concise and optimistic. Displays a degree of humility.
>>
Maybe it's time to stop making a secular cult out of the holocaust.
>>
>>9543894

Brevity truly is the soul of wit.
>>
>>9543896
>trumplets actually believe this
>>
>>9543894
Verbose
adjective: using or expressed in more words than needed
Eloquent
adjective: fluent or persuasive in speaking or writing.
learn words
>>
>>9543979
He's emulating his hero, I think.
>>
>>9543979
Considering the tense errors, English isn't his first language.

>>9543884

Obama is without a doubt more of the literary mind.
>>
>>9543906
This

Also not to sound like a Trump advocate, but Obama's entry just sounds really tryhard, like he knew it would be posted on the internet (he did). Trump's shitty twitter entry isn't GOOD but it's more what I'd expect in a guestbook.
>>
>>9543952
It's b8 you dip.
>>
File: dude_.png (185KB, 673x382px) Image search: [Google]
dude_.png
185KB, 673x382px
I haven't read "The Waste Land" for a year, and I never did bother to check all the footnotes. But I will hazard these statements - Eliot contains the same ecstatic vision which runs from Münzer to Yeats. However, he retains a grounding in the social reality/order of his time. Facing what he perceives as a choice between ecstatic chaos and lifeless mechanistic order, he accedes to maintaining a separation of asexual purity and brutal sexual reality. And he wears a stoical face before this. Read his essay on Tradition and the Individual Talent, as well as Four Quartets, when he's less concerned with depicting moribund Europe, to catch a sense of what I speak. Remember how I said there's a certain kind of conservatism which I respect more than bourgeois liberalism - Eliot is of this type. Of course, the dichotomy he maintains is reactionary, but it's due to a deep fatalism, not ignorance. (Counter him with Yeats or Pound, who, arising from the same milieu, opted to support Hitler and Mussolini.) And this fatalism is born out of the relation between fertility and death, which I touched on in my last letter - life feeds on itself. A fatalism I share with the western tradition at times. You seem surprised at Eliot's irreconcilable ambivalence; don't you share this ambivalence yourself, Anon?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.