[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you know of any books dealing with the issue of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ssk.jpg (8KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
ssk.jpg
8KB, 276x182px
Do any of you know of any books dealing with the issue of being spied/controlled without knowing it/living in a controlled reality?

Or just something about paranoia and the idea of an omnipresent power

I was just thinking something about this back when i came home from the bus and i thought all these themes would make very good themes for a mystery story, so i wanted to know if there are any.

I searched in google but couldn't find anything quite like what i'm thinking (that in fact i may not be explaining 100% well)

i just found shitty YA novels

so yeah, i'd appreciate any insight or if anyone has a good recommendation about something along these lines.
>>
>>9543484

(i'm op) i also thought i myself could write something about it as i liked the ideas but first i'd like to know more and make them a little more concrete before seriously writing something

i hate dystopian/sci-fi cliches but i think something good could be made out of this if
addressed the right way (more psychological than technological or fantastic)
>>
up
>>
bruh how old are you? dont they make you read Kafka in high school?
>>
>>9543484
PHILLIP K. DICK
>>
>>9543815
Man I've read most everything from Kafka, I also have some of his diaries and a book with some of his less known stories

i like him but uh, that type of literature is not really what i'm talking about, i think kafka is more on the absurdist side of things sometimes desu (not that i don't like him)

but yeah. I also don't want Orwell, Huxley, or any of those authors that are more well known and that, not to say they're bad, but don't seem even in the slightlest disturbing/psychologically thrilling now considering how much their argument has been over-exploited.

I want something more "concrete" with its argument than kafka, yet still mysterious, disturbing, etc.
>>
Pretty cliche i know, but IT is my best bet
>>
>>9543828
only interesting recommendation atm so far
>>
>>9543484
Fucking Gravity's Rainbow. This is literally what it's about. It takes place in the "real world" but the main character is controlled by psychological conditioning and The Powers That Be
>>
>>9543484
As previously mentioned Philip K Dick, particulary A Scanner Darkley, Time Out of Joint and Ubik.

Maybe some JG Ballard.

If youre into philosophy Foucault's Discipline and Punish has exactly what you want but its fairly dense and oblique
>>
File: TCoL49.jpg (61KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
TCoL49.jpg
61KB, 500x373px
The Crying of Lot 49
>>
>>9543484

You aren't being spied on if you know you're being watched.
>>
File: images.jpg (31KB, 632x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31KB, 632x1080px
>>9543484
i don't know if this is what you mean:

society of the spectacle - guy debord
the crowd - Gustave le bon
propaganda - Edward bernays
we - zamyatin
Simulacra and Simulation - baudrillard

any literature on advertising, marketing, or psychological operations and propaganda in military/secret service history
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.