[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lit/ know any comfy nature books? Ideally fiction, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: io8.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
io8.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
Does /lit/ know any comfy nature books? Ideally fiction, but not fantasy. Just anything that has an emphasis on the surrounding landscape, fauna, etc. Survival stuff is also okay.
>>
the lord of the rings
thoreau - walden
>>
>>9543183
Seconding Walden. It's such a masterpiece. Thoreau's description of the lake in winter was absolutely sublime.
>>
>>9543193
i actually don't quite enjoy walden--emerson is the more insightful transcendentalist--i recommended it because it's a standard work. it's not bad in itself, and thoreau undoubtedly imbued his work with his deep learning, but it encourages half assed yuppie nature tourism, which they are neither attenuated nor self capable of. not to mention luddism (which i realise tolkien is also culpable of, but lord of the rings has better merits outside of tolkien's futile philosophical outlook) is an exercise in futility, and thoreau doesn't really suggest a concrete plan of where to go after walden.
>>
>>9543209
Oh boy...I better just ignore that paragraph you wrote before I go into another 500 word rant about why Walden is so great. I'm a recovering Walden defense addict, don't tempt me. If /lit/ was a bar I would have definitely gotten into a lot of bar brawls over this book before.
>>
>>9543217
go for it senpai. i'm all ears, and would also be open to a defense of whitman (i don't like his alternative advaita brahmanism, and the self worship of mediocrity it has encouraged), if you, or anyone else, is up for it.
>>
>>9542632
Mary Oliver
>>
>>9543183
>>9543193
>>9543209
The Transcendentalists were anti-intellectual hacks who mimed enlightenment in the wilderness while going back to mommy's house for their paycheck and a home cooked meal every weekend. There are no grains of enlightened wisdom to be collected in the forest. Read Butcher's Crossing OP.
>>
>>9543229
I will in a little bit. Reading right now and preparing to go workout at the gym.
>>
>>9543516
You should work out in the mental gym instead of making excuses, brainlet.
>>
adalbert stifter made this his brand, praised by nietzsche and thomas mann, almost overrated.
in my opinion still worth reading.
>>
>>9542632
Tree of rivers. The story of the Amazon
>>
>>9543541
I read Bergkristall. Even with my awful command of German, I liked it a lot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.