[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>low vocabulary >terrible pacing >uninteresting characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

>low vocabulary
>terrible pacing
>uninteresting characters
>banal plots
>complete lack of wit
>low work ethic

>Still want to be a writer

Fuck
>>
is this all you or are you mocking me
>>
>>9539006

Exactly
>>
>>9538902
There's nothing that can't be fixed. Get to work, faggot.
>>
>>9538902
jus keep doin it man
>>
>>9538902
>get an A5 notebook and some memo
>always bring a pen
>write a few sentences or paragraph when you're daydreaming at school or at work
a year after you will finish a book
>>
How can someone improve his prose, when people fight over the definition? The only consensus i've seen is about writing in the active voice and trying to keep it succinct. Is purple ALWAYS bad? Is there a prose teaching book we can all agree is good?
>>
>>9539753
Purple is always bad if you can actually make the descriptions follow the visual acuity of the piece. You can use fourteen different adjectives and adverbs to describe a person stirring chocolate milk. But if you describe the dead reflection of your eyes in the spoon as it's stirs the milk, no-one is going to follow because how the fuck can you see your reflection in the spoon while it's submerged?
If you're going to be purple, make sure you're still painting a picture and not just blowing your load in people's eyes.
>>
>>9539775
Purple isn't always bad*
>>
>>9539779
That's not what I meant to say.
>>
File: 1495341893727.png (68KB, 238x183px) Image search: [Google]
1495341893727.png
68KB, 238x183px
>>9539802
>>
>>9540128

LEON, WATCH OUT
>>
>>9539219
>a year after you will finish a book
I mean, it'll be shit and no one will publish it, let alone read it, but yes. You'll have a book.
>>
File: 1490976995365.jpg (1MB, 2261x2076px) Image search: [Google]
1490976995365.jpg
1MB, 2261x2076px
>>9540304
>it'll be shit and no one will publish it, let alone read it
You don't get it. You don't get it at all.
>>
>>9540352
>You don't get it
I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying that if he were to do this, it should be solely for the purposes of practice and personal enjoyment. What you write will be shit, but it'll still be worth writing.
>>
>>9538902
just become a shemale then you can get published easily and youll probably win awards too
>>
>>9540473

This only works if you write about shemales and shemale issues.
>>
write what you know
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.