[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a brainlet wanting to get into reading. What is some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
I'm a brainlet wanting to get into reading.
What is some /lit/ approved literature for someone like myself?
And also, I was wondering if there is a way to get a better attention span when actually reading. I always seem to dose off, and when I do actually read I can never remember what I just read.
>>
what do you like?
>>
>>9537021
start with classics, as well as bible, maybe some greek works.
everything else you read will work off of these works.
>>
>>9537031
I don't know it's been so long since I've last read anything.
Lets just say horror, and sci-fi.
>>
>>9537021
if you're really flexing them muscles, go with some russian classic lit
>>
>>9537042

I would say pick up some Lovecraft honestly, don't listen to tryhards like >>9537038
They are great short stories, they'll entertain you and get you into the habit of reading, especially if youre having trouble concentrating.
>>
>>9537074
Ok thanks for the advice mate. If you have any more suggestions feel free to tell me.
>>
>>9537021
>>9537100
I read Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse 5, and Roadside Picnic before I read Crime and Punishment.
>>
>>9537042
Hmm interesting. Let's get you started with a short story by our lad Kafka. "In the penal colony". Check back with what you thought so we can reassess where you are.
>>
>>9537021
Try adjusting your diet and lifestyle. Go to a nutrionists if you can afford a few appointments and if you're really serious. Most people with short attention spans can be fixed by eating right and adjusting a few daily behaviors.

If you wanna start getting into reading, start with the shit they assigned you in high school like 1984, John Steinbeck, that sort of thing. It's not advisable to try to read outside of your weight class.
>>
read nietzsche
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.