[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw >he can speak off the cuff >more convincingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>tfw
>he can speak off the cuff
>more convincingly than you can write
>>
>>9531977
>tfw
>you don't know how to
>greentext
>>
>>9531977
he obviously rehearses lines to say
>>
>>9531979
projecting this hard
try again Judas
>>
ive written better shit than

HOW DARE YOU!
>>
Maybe more convincingly than the average /lit/izen, but speaking for myself I'm pretty sure I could at least keep up with Hitchens. I go out a lot and am always able to hold conversations with the people around me.
>>
>>9531977
>he can speak
b-But I thought he was dead!
>>
>>9531977
Hitchens was a joke and a fraud. His debating skills were atrocious and he very rarely bothered to actually critically analyze his opposing side. He relied on empty dramatic rhetoric and a british accent, not logic and consistency. The "super rational" "skeptic" community loves him, because he sounds like the cool intellectual they wish to emulate, but really Hitchens was just a narcissistic talking head full of hot air and alcohol.

>theologian tries to explain a complex philosophical idea

>Hitchens: YOU SUPPORT A CELESTIAL NORTH KOREA.

It was all smoke and mirrors. Get to the substance of it and even people like Sharpton have a better understanding of religion than this drunken, cancerous (literally) King of the Fedoras.

>in b4 "his political ideas were better"

He was a Neocon and praised the founding fathers as if all political thought ended there.
>>
>>9531977
>tfw
>hes dead though
>>
I can speak off the cuff more convincingly than I can write
>>
>>9532393
Same desu
>>
>>9532376
Yeah, he was all style and no substance. The posh accent goes a long way to make someone sound more intelligent, even when their ideas are shit. When he wasn't going off about religion or neocon politics, some of his literary essays were actually pretty good.
>>
>>9532376
Yes he was a narcissist and an alcoholic. He became a neocon and started saying idiotic things because he was disgusted with the reaction of liberals to the fatwa being placed on Salman Rushdie, and later because of 9/11. He also definitely had too much of a chip on his shoulder when it came to religion. But he was an excellent debater, not a joke and a fraud. There's plenty of good footage on youtube to prove it, you should check out some more before condemning him.
>>
>>9531977
His literature essays were good.
>>
>>9532376
you deserve a (you) bastard
>>
File: lol.jpg (16KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
16KB, 236x284px
>>9532376
Quality post, my friend.
>>
>>9532376
>Hitchens was just a narcissistic talking head full of hot air and alcohol.
Nah, you can see he had deep knowledge of what he was talking about and you're just another empty vessel like >>9532150
this comfy twat.
You lost me and the whole world at fedora.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.