[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk publishing: Have you been published? What did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (5).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Let's talk publishing:

Have you been published?
What did you publish?
Where did you submit?
Entering contests?

For those more experienced:

Is it better to have been published by 50 smaller-mid size presses or a couple of big names?
I'm the former and I'd like to publish my first collection of poetry but am unsure if my "stats" so to speak are good enough for publishers.
>>
I've had three short stories published, but none of them in really high-profile venues. I've tried to shoot a little higher in the last year, and I have several short stories out for submission.

I haven't entered any contests in a while, but I may change that. Apparently they're good opportunities to get agents interested in your work? Or at least that's what I've heard.
>>
>>9532295
How many do you need for a book?

I can never find good places for short stories. I feel like there's only high tier or completely obscure tier with no in between
>>
>>9532295
how come no one will answer me on here about where to send my short stories?
>>
>>9531901
>Have you been published?
A few of my essays and research dissertations have been published in history journals

>What did you publish?
My research on the second world war

>Where did you submit?
National journals, and one international scientific journal (English)

I also declined an offer from a German publisher that wanted to print my research in book-form. But I declined as they wanted to claim all rights to my research
>>
>>9533640
>they wanted to claim all rights to my research

sorry to be a noob, but what does that mean practically?
>>
>>9533650
They will publish it for free, but all the profits, copyrights claims, content, etc would belong to them. I would basically relinquish all my rights as an author.
>>
>>9533613
Because you have to do your own fucking research it isn't that hard.
>>
>>9531901
>Have you been published?
Yes
>What did you publish?
A novel
>Where did you submit?
My publisher
>Entering contests?
You mean creating art, which is supposed to come from the heart, for the purpose of impressing a select few judges who have never created true art in their lives with hopes of winning some money you'll blow on alcohol and a bullet point on your resume? Yeah, go fuck yourself.

>Is it better to be published by 50 smaller-mid size....
It's better to write a good novel from your heart, and die with a smile on your face
>>
>>9533818
Did OP strike a nerve, anon?

Anyways, I'm hoping to publish a couple poems soon.
Poetry magazine has yet to message back after 7 months...
>>
>>9533818
Sounds like someone's never won a contest
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.