[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with a character analysis for To Kill a Mockingbird.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1495204356957.jpg (36KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495204356957.jpg
36KB, 271x400px
I need help with a character analysis for To Kill a Mockingbird. I need to know what Atticus's interests were/what he liked to do. Textual evidence would also be great, thanks.
>>
do your own homework

also stop posting 4chan at your age, it will not be a good influence on your mental development
>>
Atticus was a nigger loving jew.
>>
>>9530448
Thanks
>>
File: 1495299175721.jpg (435KB, 780x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1495299175721.jpg
435KB, 780x1901px
>>9530435
4chan dosnt have upboats etc so it forces an opinion to form but yeah also could be garbage.
>>
read the book it's a staple of american lit and reading it now is something you'll get to carry around in your brain the rest of your life. not sparknotes either; go sit in a park and leave your phone at home and read the god damn book and let it have an impact on you.

it's saturday too so none of that not enough time shit. you could easily finish it by tomorrow afternoon if you turn your computer and phone off

I'm 25 and I just referenced it the other day and it got big laughs. become a normal member of society
>>
>>9530663

The format is honestly an amazing way to learn. School classroom ib could be quite effective.

Unfortunately the userbase is actively hostile lately, and half the posters are paid to be here by special interests group
>>
>>9530424

When I read the book in school I felt sympathy for the negro then when we watched the movie after we were tested on the book and I had to look at that greasy, oily sweaty black dude with the huge simian nostrils I just wished the town would lynch him and Atticus ,both.
>>
>>9531816

>Unfortunately the userbase is actively hostile lately, and half the posters are paid to be here by special interests group

Most aren't even here for money. They are doing it for a grade or extra credit from their militant leftist teachers/professors.
>>
>>9530424
Women never lie about rape.
Unless the accused is black, then they're lying white trash.
>>
>>9531987

Rape is just a delusion of the Matriarchy. Its really just theft of service or purpose depending on the context.
>>
Atticus was a drunk. The textual evidence for this is astounding. Some choice quotes:

>“We are most artistically caged.”
>“All colors made me happy: even gray.
My eyes were such that literally they
Took photographs. ”
>“All religions are based on obsolete terminology.”

Hope this helps!
>>
I don't remember much form when I read TKAM a few months back, but I do remember that Atticus was an older man and didn't enjoy going outside very often, such as denying his children's requests to playing in the snow or refusing to play football. He also refuses to go back to his past life of excitement and interest, such as being a sharpshooter. Rather, he enjoys peacefully reading the newspaper in from of the radio and reading bedtime stories to Scout. He's obviously mature. This is very unorganized, so pick through and use what you can. Good Luck! Also he's a recluse, his wife died
>>
>>9530448
I remember one of the characters mentioning that Atticus could play the "jew's harp". I looked it up on youtube and it's probably the most miserable "instrument" I've ever heard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irATiFt6AUM
>>
He'd liked to be a lawyer and read news. He's a boring frick.
>>
>>9530424
>I need to know what Atticus's interests were/what he liked to do.
1. being nice to people
2. he was good at shooting things but didn't do it because he was too good or something
That's all I remember, but here is an important thing: their last name is Finch, which is a type of bird just like mockingbird. I didn't realize this until years after reading the book and I felt like an idiot, but it's probably maybe important somehow. I don't know, make of it what you will.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.