[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You will never live in 19th century Germany at the height

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

>You will never live in 19th century Germany at the height of the Romantic revolution
>You will never trade copies of Werther to your friends
>You will never wait weeks for translations of Byrons latest poem from Britain
>You will never read the first truly German novels as your countrymen form your country
>You will never read the letters extolling the virtues of the Rhine

What's even the fucking point?
>>
>>9528420
>tfw Deutschland has become a liberal shithole
>>
>>9528423
>Arabs are washing their feet in the Rhine

My ancestors weep
>>
File: robert-schumann-4.jpg (121KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
robert-schumann-4.jpg
121KB, 900x750px
>you won't ever be able to survive as a composer in this century
>>
>>9528420
feels bad
>>
File: Schubert-at-the-Piano.jpg (131KB, 1000x685px) Image search: [Google]
Schubert-at-the-Piano.jpg
131KB, 1000x685px
>>9528515
>you wil never live Schubert's life
>you will never be a genius surrounded by friends who adore you and your music
>you will never get to meet Beethoven
>you will never die young while still having accomplished everything a composer can dream, obtaining immortal fame in the process

Feels extremely bad.
>>
Now I know why Goethe grew to despise his first great creation. Move on, we get that you fixate on girls not interested in you
>>
>>9528437
>implying arabs wash themselves
>>
File: Adrian_Ludwig_Richter_013.png (1MB, 856x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Adrian_Ludwig_Richter_013.png
1MB, 856x1024px
>tfw Deutscher Wald
>>
>>9528437
your ancestors are a bunch of racist sexist rape-happy religious zealots tho

it's called progress?
>>
>ywn sit around a table and propose a toast to the death of humanity's greatest mistake, the Enlightenment, and have everyone return it with a hearty cheer.
>>
>>9528690
go away whiglet
>>
>>9528420
please fuck off back to twitter kantbot
>>
>>9528799
>kant
>romantic

Choose one, succboi
>>
>you will never discuss Wittgenstein's Philosophische Untersuchungen with the man himself as he was working on it
>>
>>9528723
Literally one of my dreams.

Actually, Brexit passing felt this way. I will similarly celebrate when the EU falls someday.
>>
>>9528420
Probably my favorite time. I'm happy living now, despite all the evils, because romanticism is not about things being good. But in many ways my heart is with early 19th Century Germany and I will always consider it the height of humanity. I don't think anyone ever got it more right.
>>
>>9529060
>you will never get boxed on the ears and your hair ripped out because Witty got annoyed with you
>>
File: stop.jpg (38KB, 362x369px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
38KB, 362x369px
stop being not even shallow
>>
File: peter.jpg (43KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
43KB, 720x404px
>>9529060
>>9529141
>In reply, Wittgenstein would send 'portraits', photographs of distinguished looking middle-aged men, ripped out of newspaper advertisements for self-improvement courses. 'My latest photo', he announced, enclosing one such picture. 'The previous one expressed fatherly kindness only; this one expresses triumph.'
>'Somehow or other', Wittgenstein writes at the end of one letter, 'one instinctively feels that Two Steeples No. 83 Quality Sock is a real man's sock. It's a sock of taste - dressy, fashionable, comfortable.'
>In a postscript to another, he writes: 'You may through my generosity one of these days get a free sample of Glostora the famous hair oil, may your hair always retain that gloss which is so characteristic for well groomed gentlemen.'
>Some of the jokes contained in Wittgenstein's letters to Pattisson are, indeed, astonishingly feeble. Enclosing an address that ends 'W.C.1', he draws an arrow to the 'W.C.' and writes: 'This doesn't mean "Lavatory".' And on the back of a postcard of Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin, he writes: 'If I remember rightly this Cathedral was built, partly at least, by the Normans. Of course, it's a long time ago & my memory isn't what it was then.'

>ywn exchange jocular correspondance with dear Ludwig
>>
You'll cowards don't even duel
>>
>>9529352
>Ludwing never got to do stand-up

Damn, those quotes are hilarious.
>>
>>9528674
>we get that you fixate on girls not interested in you
Where can I read something about this topic?
>>
>>9530799
My diary desu
>>
>>9528437
at least it's not the insidious frenchmen
>>
>>9528437
They probably shouldn't have gotten themselves BTFO in back-to-back world wars, then.
>>
>>9528623
Schumann!!!
>>
>>9528674
Basically Thom Yorke's Creep.
>>
>>9529352
jesus christ
The inernet would've driven Ludwig fucking insane.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.