[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain what this book means without using "God", "The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: The_Stand_Uncut.jpg (56KB, 401x599px) Image search: [Google]
The_Stand_Uncut.jpg
56KB, 401x599px
Explain what this book means without using "God", "The Devil", "Christ", "Good & Evil or Good Vs Evil", "Lord of the Rings (or any names from that series)".

Only then will I know if you're an idiot or not.
>>
it's a book that explores the lengthy potential of bad writing
>>
>>9528215
Is the book worth the time sink? The latest king book I've read was under the dome and I thought it was 600 pages longer than it needed to be.
>>
>>9528215
>Attempting deep readings of Stephen King

I think we know who the idiot is here. It is as it is. Flagg is Flagg. He is the same asshole in the Gunslinger and in Eyes of the Dragon and he exists in the same phenomenon and cosmos that powers IT. It is not a complex book. It is a simplistic book using simplistic themes. I would be embarrassed to show my breadth of knowledge regarding Stephen King, but I read all of these more than 15 years ago, whereas you, someone who presumably is 18+, is reading them now.

Dum dum
>>
Is this one of those tricks where you say "I know you're an idiot because you read Stephen King" at the end?
>>
>>9528233
Everyone has read Stephen King.

According him import greater than James Patterson or Dan Brown artistically shows one's colors.
>>
It's essentially 1,400 pages regarding the inevitable perpetuation of chaos.
>>
>>9528215
all I know is that the second half is shit, and Mother Abigail is an awful character
>>
Yeah, because Stephen King is known for being an allegorical writer.

It's about an apocalypse, some cryptic shit doesn't mean anything because King isn't trying to say anything nuanced, he's an entertainer.
>>
its about a bunch of people with no rules.

some people are dicks and some arent

mother abigal represents the not dicks and flagg represents the dicks.

stu best character
>>
>>9528586
You summed it up right here.
>>
>>9528313
Agreed. The lead up and character developments are so engrossing that their climaxes, which don't start until page fucking 900 or so, are underwhelming, to say the least. It was strange reading the fates of people I'd read for hours and then not caring at all about what happened to them; good or bad.

>>9528586
>its about a bunch of people with no rules

That's not true, though. Both sides immediately establish rules. The bad guys go for an orderly dictatorship and the good guys just go back to how things were before Captain Trips.
>>
>>9528615
i would add that there are some non dick characters who feel like they have to save/stop the dick characters from being dicks.

but i havent read it in a few years
>>
>>9528618
ok i guess by no rules i mean the immediate removal of all the modern rules and conventions of the society they grew up in. the dicks and non dicks become free to make up their own rules and they do
>>
>>9528215
A weirdos understanding of Americans pushed into desperate times with a sprinkling of Lovecratian masturbation material.
>>
King is upset that his dad was rough and forced him to read the Bible and loved his mother cause she let him lick the cookie dough off the spoon
>>
>>9528215
desu the first 200 pages of this book, in which the collapse of civilization is meticulously described, are pretty entertaining
shame about the rest
>>
>>9528215
The stand is a conceit, or extended metaphor. Understanding the true nature of the conceit allows you to enjoy the Authorial perspective, however enjoyment can still be found using the readers perspective. An application of disinterested contemplation allows the readers to enjoy the work as a piece of literature, as apposed to merely fiction.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.