[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me this and tell me no more: Is it The Sun Also RISES,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Tell me this and tell me no more:

Is it The Sun Also RISES, as in the sun sets but it rises as well,

or is it The SUN ALSO Rises, as in a great many things rise like helium balloons, erections and dark knights, and the sun does too?
>>
>>9525673
In French, the title is translated as "Le Soleil se lève aussi" (and not "Le Soleil aussi se lève"), so we only get the first meaning.
>>
>>9525673
its definitely the first one. weird im just re-reading this right now and about to finish. have to say i really like it. only other hemingway ive read is the one with the fish and farewell to arms. what else should i read? anyone have any experience with his non-fiction stuff?
>>
>>9525697

In my opinion his non-fiction work is some of his most valuable work. Some of what he reports on really has been left by the wayside of the historical record, particularly that from the inter-war period. I believe it's collected under the title 'By-lines"
>>
how can i go and have adventures like hemingway did? im 27 already
>>
>>9525744
Go to syria, fight for ISIS, get shot, drink, bang nurses, drink more, write, drink more, kys.
>>
>>9525697
For Whom The Bell Tolls is his best work. Farewell is trash. Never read Old Man and the Sea.
>>
>>9525847
>his best work
>never read
compelling
>>
>>9525744

Go out and have adventures if you want adventures. The world isn't going to come to you. It's easy.
>>
>>9525869
>go out and have adventures
the question is asking how. just go outside is not an answer
>>
>>9525861
Out of what I've read. That's why I mentioned I never read Old Man and the Sea. Draw inferences retard.
>>
>>9525697
Check out his short stories. The Snows of Kilimanjaro is a good place to start
>>
>>9525871

It is literally that. Go outside and engage with the world is the only answer, dumbass. How are you going to adventure if you dont leave your basement?
>>
It's both. The second meaning is indeed a dick joke at the expense of the protagonist.
>>
>>9525765
>2017
>not fighting for the kurds
>>
>>9525847
You should read Old Man and the Sea, it's a great little novella(?) and you can finish it in a few hours.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.