[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hurr durr those minority authors taking place of me, an oppressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (140KB, 1014x621px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
140KB, 1014x621px
>hurr durr those minority authors taking place of me, an oppressed white cis male, and my masterpieces

These 15 authors that were most read in 2015, are all white.

Get over your /pol/ delusions and seriously kill yourselves.

If you aren't making it, it's because your work is shitty, not because you are not a minority.

/lit/ might seem different from other boards on this forsaken website, but at core it's the same. Disgusting, depressed failures always looking for something or someone else to blame for their misery but themselves.
>>
>>9521534
Not literary authors.

Not taking quality into account I thought the Sellout was extremely funny, the man booker longlist is better representative of the literary milliu. Patterson and his ilk is all about low-brow middle aged women who UGH are so busy and just want to sit down with something mindless and get away from UGH my husband and kids.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/07/inside-the-2016-man-booker-longlist/493259/
>>
>>9521547
*milieu fuck
>>
>>9521547
>Dahl
>not /lit/
>>>>/kys/
>>
>>9521547
>https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/07/inside-the-2016-man-booker-longlist/493259/
only 2 out of the 12 authors are minorities. what's your point?
>>
>>9521579
While I agree with you regarding trash pushed down our throats like pic related, best-sellers have never been a good indicator of literary winds. Look at Harper's Weekly best sellers of any year compared to well regarded classics.

>>9521588
Just because Matilda is kawaii does not a classic make.
>>
>>9521534
>These 15 authors that were most read in 2015, are all white.
Literally means nothing in regards to who and who isn't being published.
>>
>>9521579
>Shitskin spic here
Post your hand with a timestamp, Juan, I mean, John.
>>
>>9521596
No there is a correlation. You are too dumb to be published. Accept it.
>>
>>9521592
>he doesnt view female authors as an oppressed minority

get fucked shitbird.
>>
Is Enid Blyton the worst thing to ever happen to children's literature?
>>
>>9521579
>Yes. Because nobody wants to read shitskins

Currently No. 2 in the New York Times young adult bestsellers list.
>>
File: 32-musketeers-gt.jpg (43KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
32-musketeers-gt.jpg
43KB, 564x752px
>>9521579
>nobody wants to read shitskins,

« Quoi ? »
>>
>>9521579
>nobody wants to read shitskins
>>
>>9521615
>YA

>>>9521625
>But the publishers will keep on publishing shitskins over normal people, and critics will keep on sucking said shitskins' cocks for brownie SJW points, and they'll run the literary industry to the ground in the process
By the way, if you can't do stream of consciousness the level of Faulkner's, or Joyce, or hell, Asturias to throw a spic in the mix, you shouldn't bother.

Then again, anything written by a coon reads like stream of consciousness, regardless of whether it was intended or not.
>>
>>9521767
>By the way, if you can't do stream of consciousness the level of Faulkner's, or Joyce, or hell, Asturias to throw a spic in the mix, you shouldn't bother.

You are an uneducated name-dropping spaz.
>>
>>9521534
>women
>white

no
>>
>>9521773
Invested so much time reading that anti-enticing prose-written, long as fuck, boring piece of shit you now feel compelled to defend it tooth and nail whenever you see it being attacked?

Or is it just because it's written by your favorite twitterer?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.