[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are left-wing professors of today basically a reincarnation of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: republic.jpg (796KB, 874x1416px) Image search: [Google]
republic.jpg
796KB, 874x1416px
Are left-wing professors of today basically a reincarnation of ancient Sophists?

They tout pessimistic moral relativism for a hefty fee and dislike anyone challenging their "wisdom."

If so, when will we get our modern Plato to BTFO them?
>>
File: IMG_4613.jpg (162KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4613.jpg
162KB, 640x854px
>they dislike anyone challenging their wisdom.

Maybe go to a better school with professors that aren't shit-tier retards.

>When will we get our modern Plato to BTFO them?

Why don't you do it yourself, then. No reason to wait around with your pinky in your anus.
>>
the student-professor dialectic is not in the argumentative form

the reason why they are able to assume that position is because of the institutional hierarchy and the best way to present the disjunction between that they believe in and what they have to teach is from an established point of view, though not one from sophistry

when sophistry returns as a method of argument then maybe they will be "btfo"
>>
>>9520093
just as soon as you kill yourself.

just trust me on this, but we need your cooperation.
>>
>>9520093
We need to redpill the world and we more redpill professors!

Wish everyone would take the redpill and see the truth of white genocide.
>>
Both Plato and modern professors advocate for censorship of things they find inappropriate.
>>
Identity Politics and emotional collectivism are just the application of Sophistry to a population concerned solely with Pathos, disregarding Ethos and Logos
>>
>>9520264
Plato's Republic is NOT political theory and should not be read as such. Goddamn.
Plato did admit that most people would be so wilfully ignorant as to accept censorship
>>
sophistry is a product not an effect
>>
At least they attempt to be so.

They're more like reincarnations with similar morals and elitism, but less true intellectualism.
>>
File: i dont know.png (38KB, 1737x793px) Image search: [Google]
i dont know.png
38KB, 1737x793px
>>9520264
literally this

>dude poets lmao
>dude if people say negative things about the gods and portray them doing negative things on stage, it might influence people negatively!
>ban poets, fuck actors

I stand by that the Roman treatment of actors was idiotic as well, at least the Greek tradition of elevating actors to higher status makes sense because they're supposedly "pleasing the gods by imitation", but the Romans worshipping what is basically those same gods, allowing the same imitations and mockery, and yet denigrating actors to the status of second class citizens, while keeping the legality of their insults to their"gods"( who were really more so demons), and yet criminalizing the insulting of politicians is just foolish.
>>
>>9520275
>Plato did admit that most people would be so wilfully ignorant as to accept censorship

After he argues that censorship is necessary to tame the state army.
>>
>>9520291
How were the Sophists intellectual?
>>
>>9520093
>a mystic BTFO'ing anybody

Ha!
>>
>>9521068
You don't think Plato BTFO quite a few in his day?
>>
>implying Plato btfo of anyone
>implying history hasn't just been a long series of sophists
there is no escape you whiny cunt
>>
>>9522178
If Plato was irrelevant why has his entire collection survived until today, and is more widely read than the Sophists?
>>
>>9522198
The ravages of time don't discriminate. It was sheer luck of his works being old and known enough to be disseminated. And I hope you aren't going to make an appeal to popularity here, as though the fact that his work is popular therefore means that it must be good, for that assuredly, as I'm sure you know, would be a fallacy of the utmost. See:the lack of works we have surviving of Epicurus, as in the three surviving letters we have of him, when Diogenes Laertius has told of us his in excess of 30 major works, which are currently lost to time. Petronius Arbiter as well, and the fact that we have no complete copy of the Satyricon, not to mention the lost poems of those ancient Greek comics and tragics.
>>
>Plato
>irrelevant

The post-modern pseudo-intellectuals have arrived!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.