[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm already at 4.1122, but just can't move on because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 913171[1].jpg (115KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
913171[1].jpg
115KB, 307x475px
I'm already at 4.1122, but just can't move on because it is so dry. What do I lose if I don't finish it?
>>
>actually reading the tractatus
Why would you spend your time reading 100 pages of incorrect outdated autism? Just move on to late Witty.
>inb4 you need to know le process of ideas
Just read secondary sources instead of wasting your time
>>
Props 5 and 6 get much better, consider then the real 'meat' of Tractatus
>>9518952
PI is fucking garbage
>>
>>9518930
It gets interesting at 5.5 in my opinion, but to understand what I really like of tractatus you only need a rough picture of the figurative theory, I'd do this >>9518952, then read his lecture on ethics (imo this contains the 'meat' of TLP) and then move on to late witty with good secondary.
>>
>>9518930
Just read Ray Monk's biography of Wittgenstein. It's one of /lit/'s best recommendations.
>>
>>9518952
What do you have in mind when you say "late Witty"?
>>
>>9519508
PI, On Certainty mostly
>>
>>9518930
>What do I lose if I don't finish it?
My respect.
>>
>>9518930
The Tractatus is the Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters of philosophy. So, quite a lot.
>>
Just follow Spaft's guide:

https://www.docdroid.net/tlsISBv/wittgenstein-guide.pdf.html
>>
>>9518930

The knowledge that you succeeded to read a noteworthy 75-page tract in its entirety when you were clearly capable of reading its first half, something that large swaths of the human species would struggle with.

Just power through it and finish it, anon. It's stupid to read a book with n pages, and stop around n-30 and just quit. If you get up around n-30 you might as well just finish, whether you like the work or not, so that you can truthfully proclaim that you have your own informed opinion on the work for later reference.
>>
>>9519591
Wait, is reading all of these philosophers really a prerequisite for Wittgenstein? What does, for example, The Brothers Karamazov or The Decline of the West have to do with Wittgenstein's philosophy?
>>
>>9519591
>>9521163
>needing some faggots guides

basically to understand any writing you have to like reading, and look it at perspective of your read works
>>
>Another important point is his claim that all doubt is embedded into underlying beliefs and therefore that the most radical forms of doubt must be rejected since they form a contradiction within the system that expressed them. Wittgenstein also provides a novel refutation of various forms of philosophical skepticism.

> Wittgenstein also provides a novel refutation of various forms of philosophical skepticism.

which is ????
>>
>>9521352
>Wittgenstein also provides a novel refutation of various forms of philosophical skepticism.
His idea is that skepticism is impossible because it violates the language practice - it is linguistically impossible to doubt the so called "Moore's propositions" (e.g. "These are my two hands.") because, according to Wittgenstein, our language dictates that we cannot question those beliefs - if we do so, we obliterate the entire language practice.

All in all his argument is nothing but shallow autistic rambling that tries to avoid the hardships of philosophical skepticism on the basis of a retarded idea that "skepticism is impossible because of our language." The sheer idiocy of this "argument" is best confirmed by honestly asking yourself if you can prove that the external world (your hands included) exist - only to conclude that there is no such proof.

Summa summarum, avoid the language "philosophers" for your own sake, they are incredibly shallow and boring.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.