[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw just finished another short story How's your work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 91688318.jpg (27KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
91688318.jpg
27KB, 472x461px
>tfw just finished another short story

How's your work coming, writers of /lit/?
>>
good, polishing two short stories, working out details for a fourth novel, waiting for a piece of mine to get published this summer.
>>
I have hundreds of pages of incoherent rambling prose poetry but I have never completed a short story. What are your methods OP? How do you go about structuring a story?
>>
It's a wonderful feeling. I hope you experience it hundreds and hundreds of more times before you die, OP!
>>
File: 1487038399510.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1487038399510.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>>9516741

Diary entries aren't poetry.
>>
Revising three haikus that I'm having trouble with, and reading again a short story a friend of mine sent me.

I wish I were doing more, but I just feel kinda exhausted. I can't even pick up a book to read.
>>
what do you do with them? where should i submit mine
>>
>>9516786
not my diary desu. I write fragmentary and impressionistic narratives or poetry pieces trying to capture individual aesthetics. I just can't ever wrangle or redirect them into a coherent whole
>>
>>9516819
For you? I'd recommend just printing them out, pissing on them, then shredding.
>>
>>9516819
Honestly, I use Twitter to find magazines and websites that are looking for stories. Twitter is great for writers, since it has a lot of magazines, publishers, agents, and editors on it.

Another great website is Submittable, which is also a submissions portal. A lot of magazines use it these days.
>>
File: just do it.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
just do it.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
>chapter one
>...
>>
>>9516837
>Honestly, I use Twitter to find magazines and websites that are looking for stories. Twitter is great for writers, since it has a lot of magazines, publishers, agents, and editors on it.
Well, this is half a thought.
>>
>>9516729
I wrote something I thought was decent and managed to get it accepted into an e-zine. My memepression has worsened since and I haven't read let alone written anything the past five months, instead I just aimlessly browse far-right twitter and shitpost.
>>
>>9517589

Are you far right anon ?

Does your politics show up in your work ?
>>
Can we see your story Op?
>>
>>9516729

A while ago I uploaded one of my older stories on a certain website. It got an unexpectedly positive reception from the users, so I've been working on a sequel now.

It was supposed to be just simple and quick fun as a way of saying thanks, but kinda ballooned out of hand. Now I have an 80k word, larger than life draft in my hands, which is also probably the best novel I've ever written, and it's kinda ehh to give it away for free like a leaflet.
>>
If you have a short piece and want to send it somewhere 4chan related, you can try fluland if you're alt-right, taktak if you're not specifically.
>>
>>9517832
>taktak
Where did this come from? What point does it serve? The explanation that the site gives is a bit cryptic.
>>
>>9517845
It's the same genealogy as TAR and The Metric and ZWG (remember that one? I don't either), but blog format. Trying to build a regular community of readers and writers, a lot more apolitically than fluland.
>>
>>9517821
can't wait to read 80k words of hardcore gay harry potter fanfiction
>>
>>9516729
I was trying to map out a story, to structure a plot around two characters I've been trying to create for a couple of months. I was trying to sketch a couple of scenes where they interact with each other exclusively and, for some ungodly I can't recall atm, I made them bond over their knowledge and love of Latin. So I started learning the basics of the language and brushing up on some poets and historians; and suddenly I'm halfway through Wheelock's with a reference grammar in hand and consulting the Oxford and the Lewis & Short dictionaries for the precise etymology of a word that's pivotal to the story.

Honestly, this always happens to me. I'll make a certain little detail relevant to a character or a plot in a inconsequential way, and then I'll go off and read William James' psychology or read every textbook on the 30 Years War or the Civil War I can get my hands on. Honestly, I think it's just an excuse to not work.
>>
>>9517925

I'd like to extend it to 100k words somehow, so that all possible angles of depravity are thoroughly explored.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.