[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A while ago I posted a chart about religious texts in English.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Religious Texts v2.jpg (1MB, 2000x2820px) Image search: [Google]
Religious Texts v2.jpg
1MB, 2000x2820px
A while ago I posted a chart about religious texts in English. I took the criticisms on board and made a revision, Buddhism now has the Diamond Sutra (ideally I'd add the Heart Sutra too, but there's only so much space) plus I improved the Hinduism section. Hope you guys find it useful.
>>
>>9515938
yoooo good shit m8
>>
>>9515938
I think theres an edition of the lotus sutra that includes the heart suttra as well.
>>
>>9515938
what about native americans/aborigines/shaman shit
>>
Expand the image, bro.

Some suggestions:

The Vedas should be included under Hinduism.

Lankavatra, Lotus, and Heart Sutras under Buddhism.

There's a complete Zhuangzhi which I prefer to tthe others in your pic.

Maybe add Theogeny, Works and Days, Oddyssey and Iliad, Chaldean Oracles and Orphic Hymns under a Hellenism category.

Corpus Hermetica would be a good addition as well. Maybe Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea Scrolls too.

What about apocrypha? Midrash and Boook of Enoch are worth reading. And Zohar, Bahir, and Sefer Yetzirah altho I guess this is an English chart...

If you wanna include crazies then The Holy Books of Thelema is an interesting buncha texts.

Popol Vul for Amerindian.

Good luck. Good job so far.
>>
File: Hesiod.jpg (312KB, 1211x1934px) Image search: [Google]
Hesiod.jpg
312KB, 1211x1934px
>>9515938
Great selection of works.

You only need to pick between current religions and dead (not to barely practiced) religions.
Because what's up with the Chinese folk and African origin myths?

It would make more sense to add a mythology/ dead religion image. With old Greek and Egyptians, but also other folk stories like the African and Chinese stories.
>>
Nothing on kabbalah?
>>
>protestard bibles
>not even with Apocrypha
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Nice work
>>
>>9516193
Those African traditions are alive and well, that's why they can be written down today.

Chinese folk religion still exists, especially in rural areas, though it does bleed over into folklore.

A separate ancient mythology chart would be great.

>>9516151
Of those, I conidered the Vedas and other Sutras, but the Vedas aren't really introductory (although they're the oldest) being cryptic hymns and all. I thought the epics and more philosophical works would be best. As for the sutras, I'd definitely like to include them as well but I didn't want the buddhism section to fearf everything else. Hard to make a balance.

>There's a complete Zhuangzhi which I prefer to tthe others in your pic.
Nice, who's the translator? I'll try and find it.
>>
>>9515938
thanks!
>>
>OWC KJV rather than Norton Critical

Baka
>>
This is actually good thanks dude. This board needs more of you and less retards.
>>
>>9517993
Ha. I guess I have a stranger view of religion than most people. Chuang Tzu translator is Burton Watson.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.