[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with jealousy /lit/? I know a guy who is literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: adolfhitler.jpg (41KB, 496x529px) Image search: [Google]
adolfhitler.jpg
41KB, 496x529px
How do I deal with jealousy /lit/?

I know a guy who is literally a fucking pleb but he is now working as a screenwriter / writer on a bunch of popular shows and short films. He was educated at a top fee-paying school, his parents own at least one apartment in a high-end area of the city, he attended a top college, he worked in banking for a year or so after graduating then switched over into screenwriting etc.

What books will help me not feel resentful about this?

For context, I was raised by a single mom, attended a shit-tier school in a shit-tier town, attended a mediocre college, and now work as an office cuck while trying to write and publish something worthwhile.

The reason I know this guy is because he is dating a girl I fell for in an intense way. She showed interest in me a little but I assume she realized I was second-best compared to him.
>>
Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
Erich Fromm - The Art Of Loving
Ligotti - Conspiracy Against The Human Race
>>
>>9514610
OP here. I've literally read all of those.
>>
File: IMG_8785.jpg (16KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8785.jpg
16KB, 150x200px
>>9514604
>>
Whatever you do don't turn to politics in hope for change. It's never going to come.

t. made that mistake
>>
>>9514632
What do you mean? What did you do?

I'm a Nazi sympathizer btw
>>
>>9514604
>get cucked by Chad in every way
>b-but he's a pleb
>>
>>9514604

Bony to Brawny

Get big and cuck him
>>
>>9514604
Mein Kampf
>>
>>9514637
Trying to alleviate your pain by imagining some big revolution that will fix your problems or even trying to work towards one is not going to achieve anything and you're going to feel even more miserable.
>>
File: 16.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>9514604
You need to find yourself a muse and pull yourself up by your breeches.
>>
>>9514604
"Notes from Underground", Fëdor Dostoevskij
>>
>>9514604
>>9514610

C'mon OP, your worthwhile story is written right there, it's your own life. You'll get mad pussy with a semi-biographical novel talking about your own shortcomings in a contemporary romantism theme.

Then your jealously might turn into vengeful anger as you try to smear it in everyone's faces that you were never a spoiled brat. Then you'll realize the decent money and praise you're receiving is all useless and that you were always meant to be a depressed, lesser person than the more privileged ones. And that's when you should read Meditations again.
>>
>>9514610
>>9514680
>Meditations
>recommending the ramblings of a spoiled rich kid to someone who's actually suffering

every time
>>
>>9514604
Genealogy of morals, stop being a ressentiment
>>
>>9514690
>stop being a ressentiment

Is this the peak of /lit/'s Nietzsche interpretation?
>>
>>9514682

He can read fucking Charles Dickens or Bukowski if he wants to, but the point of his suffering is precisely the jealousy of spoiled rich kids. He's going to remain resentful no matter how much he dwells on works that deal with this, because the only thing that he is able to actually change here is himself.
>>
>>9514699
>the point of his suffering is precisely the jealousy of spoiled rich kids

Exactly. Reading Marcus Aurelius isn't going to help him because that nigga never was in this position in the first place.
>>
>>9514693
I think it's the most valuable part for the average person (nobody here isn't average)
>>
>>9514604

You deal with it by striving to be better and show up the people you're jealous of.
>>
>>9514732
BUT HOW THE F**K DO I DO THAT NIGGA? I'M SLAVING AWAY IN AN OFFICE JOB THAT AT LEAST ALLOWS THE APPEARANCE OF BEING CIVILIZED AND """SUCCESSFUL"""" while he sits in some studio somewhere joshing with his private school buddies before going home to bone his (READ: *****************MY*************) GIRL. WHAT THE HECK?!?! I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT RESIGNING AND LIVING WITH MY MOMMY WHILE WRITING A NOVEL THAT'LL MAKE A NAME FOR MYSELF, BUT CHANCES ARE I'LL JUST END UP F*****G KILLING MYSELF IN THE ATTIC WHEN I GO ONLINE AND SEE SOME INSTAGRAM POST OF HIS WHERE HE'S ON THE RED CARPET WITH THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS, THE LITERAL EMBODIMENT OF ALL MY AESTHETIC IDEALS. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. *UNSHEATHES KATANA* GIVE ME ANSWERS NOW! *ADOPTS A THREATENING STANCE* FUCKING HELP ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9514682
>I'm suffering because I don't get what I want!

Day of the nuke when
>>
>>9514751
t. Roman emperor
>>
>>9514693
?
No, but it is an important point which is presented in it..?
>>
>>9514750
Man you are cucked by your very own world view. I'd suggest suicide
>>
>>9514757
PLEASE, PLEASE explain what you meant by this. Sincerely I would appreciate it.
>>
>>9514760
Rich kids on this board can't fathom the thought that there might be people with problems that can't be solved by wishful thinking.
>>
pascal
>80. How comes it that a cripple does not offend us, but that a fool does? Because a cripple recognises that we walk straight, whereas a fool declares that it is we who are silly; if it were not so, we should feel pity and not anger.
>Epictetus asks still more strongly: “Why are we not angry if we are told that we have a headache, and why are we angry if we are told that we reason badly, or choose wrongly”? The reason is that we are quite certain that we have not a headache, or are not lame, but we are not so sure that we make a true choice. So, having assurance only because we see with our whole sight, it puts us into suspense and surprise when another with his whole sight sees the opposite, and still more so when a thousand others deride our choice. For we must prefer our own lights to those of so many others, and that is bold and difficult. There is never this contradiction in the feelings towards a cripple.

so what bothers you isn't some external injustice by society or the girl. it is the fear that they might be right and if you build enough self-worth, this fear should go away.
>>
>>9514773
But what if I really, really like this girl?
>>
>>9514779
Post a pic
>>
File: 1494785445288.jpg (60KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494785445288.jpg
60KB, 600x402px
get over it .
your fate is your choice.
leave them to there's.
>>
>>9514779
then read weininger to get rid of idealization. this is a precondition to not get rejected by girls anyway.
>>
>>9514790
>Reading some jew's misogynistic ramblings is a precondition for not getting rejected by girls

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9514801

Well how about you recommend some poor mediocre writers that have first world problems in spite of their actual problems so that OP can get along with his own?
>>
>>9514750
If he gets successful he'll dump her for someone younger than him, if he doesn't get successful she'll cheat on him. Just keep that in mind and start dating in exactly your own league (i.e. find an unattractive girl with no skills who lives with her mother) unless you want to improve your league by improving yourself
>>
>>9514750
I understand you OP, I'm poor as hell and in a 3rd world tier country and If you ACTUALLY can write get a part time job and do it you fucking faggot. Why is that so hard to acknowledge? You either live for it or for your pathetic slave existence, chose one
>>
>>9514886
t. sudaca
>>
>>9515165
Nah I'm happily white but still eastern europe is not really white in itself.
>>
>>9515174
>3rd world country
>europe

u wat
>>
>>9515181
Excuse me, I should have said eastern """"europe""""'
>>
>>9514750
You should write the story of your misfortune and entitled it The Sorrows of Young Whiner and then murder him, the girl and yourself. It will be an act of transcendental ugliness which will cause people to recognise the unfairness of your situation while condemning you for daring to act against it which forces them to a point of self-awareness about the corrupt, rotten system you waged you personal vendetta upon.
>>
>>9514637
>I'm a Nazi sympathizer btw

You shouldn't be. The Nazis were pretty bad guys, OP.
>>
>>9514604
Read some Bukowski. He had a fucked family life and was a failure until he was older at which point his shitty life experiences gave him more fuel to write stories than anything else. A lot of /lit/ doesn't like him but I love him, and plenty of other people love him too.
>>
>>9515271
Yea OP they were really really bad guys, listen to this guy here and be thankful the Israelis are helping you progress
>>
>>9514808
Getting cucked is not a first world problem ms cumdumpster. In the third world you get killed for just looking at women wrong.
>>
>>9514750
post pics of her
>>
>>9515541
OP here. No way I'm doing that, sorry.
>>
>>9514637
kys desu
>>
>>9514801
>weininger
>jew
>muh misogyny
is this bait or are you actually this dumb
>>
>>9514750
>going home to bone his (READ: *****************MY*************) GIRL
>HE'S ON THE RED CARPET WITH THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS
Have you read the works of Elliot Rodger, by chance?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.