[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tl;dr: what can I read to help me cope with all the injustices,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2010_02_05_modern_slavery_q_m.jpg (46KB, 507x284px) Image search: [Google]
2010_02_05_modern_slavery_q_m.jpg
46KB, 507x284px
>Tl;dr: what can I read to help me cope with all the injustices, the pains, the exploitation, ignorance and hatred that crush the world if I don’t have any faith in divine justice or life after death?

I don’t believe in life after death.

I don’t believe in Karma.

I don’t believe in Rebirth.

I am generally a happy person, but sometimes the suffering I see in the world seems too much for me to bear. I try to read the lessons of wisdom of the Buddha, or Christ, or the stoics, but in the end I can’t help but despair. I see war, forced prostitution, slave labor, several forms of exploitation of men over men, and of men over animals: it’s simply terrible.

Since I don’t expect that divine justice will correct things, I can help but fell nauseated at the pain that many lives have to endure.

For example: right now, in the country that I live, Brazil, politicians are trying their best to approve a reform in labor-law that will affect all workers (amputating their rights off) and be favorable only to a small bunch of mega-business-tycoons. Many people are not aware of the major effects of this law project because the media do not cover it in detail, although even with this media-desert one can see that there is some kind of fear and awareness beginning to spread slowly. I know about the nasty effects of such law because I am myself a lawyer and have the necessary knowledge to actually see the project for what it is.

But that was just an example of greedy individuals trying to extract more from people that already don’t have much.

>My question is: what can I read to help me cope with all the injustices, the pains, the exploitation, ignorance and hatred that crush the world if I don’t have any faith in divine justice or life after death?
>>
just meditate. you eventually will figure out.
>>
>>9510876
History books. You might notice how this shit has been going for a long time. Other than that, I might suggest fantasy, because reading 'serious' literature will only make you more aware.
>>
>>9510876

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
>>
File: earth.jpg (365KB, 788x576px) Image search: [Google]
earth.jpg
365KB, 788x576px
Do you want to escape this disgusting world through reading or come to terms with the fact that the world has always been like this and will stay like this until our inevitable downfall?

I don't think that literature will help you escape by any means, it only makes our flaws more apparent.
>>
>>9511161

I wanted some sort of wisdom and mental-workout that could, with time, release me from this pain, but without any concessions like Karma or the Paradise. I think that Buddhism might help, for I guess that some of their sages achieve a state of permanent joy and compassion even in face of doubt about future existences and divine right.
>>
>>9511207
I'm not sure how you can approach Buddhism without believing in karma or rebirth as they both play an important role in its traditions.

I recommend that you read (if you haven't already) Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. The book both accepts and challenges the ideals of Buddhism and can be read in one sitting.

> I wanted some sort of wisdom and mental-workout
I can't say that Siddhartha is a mental work out nor does it contain some "all-saving" wisdom, it does however deal with wisdom itself. One of the underlying themes of Siddhartha is that wisdom cannot be imparted, only found.
>>
http://mercadopopular.org/2016/10/o-sistema-trabalhista-brasileiro-precisa-ser-repensado/
>>
>>9511071
This. Humans are acutely more aware of their suffering and injustices visited upon them, because these exists as ruptures in the normal omnipresent social fabric of unquestionable good and comfort which has collectively been built by humans for millennia.
I envy the existentialist who experiences a lucidity beyond the texture of this fabric, because in this alien state they acquire the potential to see the extreme, bizarre, unthinkable good in the world - that most choose to see the world negatively during such an experience can only be attributed to their deeply biased pessimism engendered by spooks of self-flagellation and undue guilt.
>>
>>9511341

Não se engane. Não é por nada que a OIT e o MPT estão criticando essa reforma.

Entre as coisas que ela faz:

1-Ela permite que horas-extras sejam todas dissolvidas e integrem o Banco de Horas, ou seja: empregadores podem forçar as pessoas a trabalharem por várias horas seguidas sem se preocupar em ter de pagar o adicional de 50%.

2-A lei quer impedir o acesso a justiça forçando pessoas de baixa renda a terem de pagar custas processuais.

3-A lei permite que uma só empresa de um grupo econômico seja responsável por encargos trabalhistas. Ou seja, se as empresas B, C, D e E são as que aproveitam o serviço das pessoas, mas a empresa A, que é uma empresa de fachada, uma empresa-laranja, é a empresa que assina a carteira de trabalho, você não pode cobrar as dívidas trabalhistas das empresas BCDE caso a empresa A não pague. Ou seja: é uma legalização da contratação por empresas laranja.

4-A lei prevê que o que é acertado entre sindicatos de empregados e de empresas empregadoras vale mais do que a lei. Ou seja: se empresários comprarem os líderes sindicais estes podem aceitar a formalização de acordos que tiram vários direitos da categoria, e essa abominação iria valer mais do que o que está legislado.

Esses são apenas alguns exemplos. A lei foi feita por advogados de empresas e é praticamente uma inversão dos valores da justiça do trabalho. A justiça do trabalho é feita para proteger a parte mais frágil na relação, ou seja, o empregado. Essa lei altera não só artigos, mas mesmo súmulas (a jurisprudência condessada dos tribunais sobre questões de direito), e sempre com base em proteger os empresários contra o empregado.

Não deixe sua rixa com o PT obscurecer sua visão, pelo amor de Deus.
>>
>>9510876
Become knowledgeable about the history of biological Life, and how awesome it is that it never gives up, even after extinction events. Might give you some motivation.

So, science and nature books. Not really literature but...
>>
>>9511341

O cara que escreveu esse artigo até curtiu o MBL no Facebook. Você está de brincadeira, não é?

>Into the trash
>>
>>9511341

http://economia.estadao.com.br/noticias/geral,reforma-vai-tirar-direitos-afirma-ministro-do-tst,70001775411
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.