[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ newfag. I just read The Stranger by Camus and i really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 0003292186_10.jpg (242KB, 1200x1118px) Image search: [Google]
0003292186_10.jpg
242KB, 1200x1118px
/lit/ newfag. I just read The Stranger by Camus and i really liked it. I identified with Meursault's character : his apathy, his dissociation and his passiveness. Any books similar to this one?
>>
>you're supposed to hate him
>>
I also enjoyed the stranger and empathized with mersault

we share certain traits, we're both intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>9510401
>
>>
>>9510402
>ha I'll show him with this witty barb
>>
>>9510379

eliot rodger
>>
well considering Camus was a retard and this book is aimed at edgy 14 year olds, I'd recommend some other YA trash that reddit loves like vonnegut or McCarthy
>>
>>9510441
nice
>>
File: 1385678646692.jpg (266KB, 1483x2205px) Image search: [Google]
1385678646692.jpg
266KB, 1483x2205px
>>9510441
I would suggest ignoring this insufferable faggot, except that he is right about who the book is aimed at.

Recommend this podcast on the subject, there are times of life to be reading certain Camus works. As far as moody existentialism and nihilism, as a new reader you might as well move on to Mishima.

>tfw you are on The Fall

https://player.fm/series/entitled-opinions-about-life-and-literature/alice-kaplan-on-albert-camus-and-the-stranger
>>
File: photo.png (126KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
126KB, 301x301px
>>9510441
>tfw just turned 15 and read Tolstoyevsky
>tfw superior to all the underage leddit tards
>>
>>9510457
Oh and this. Nabokov translation.
>>
File: pepepepepepe.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
pepepepepepe.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
>>9510441
>edgy 14 year olds
>>
>>9510379
You're supposed to dislike Mersault for the filthy nihilistic piece of shit he is. Delete this thread and read the sticky you pleb.
>>
>>9510478
>ignoring his redemption under the shadow of the blade
>>
File: cesentimentquand.png (39KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
cesentimentquand.png
39KB, 645x773px
>>9510460
Jesus Christ, that was me 10 years ago.
>>
You might like Kafka. The Metamorphosis is quintessential high school lit, just like The Stranger.
>>
>>9510379
Journey to the End of the Night? Has apathy and nihilism in spades together with some pretty black comedy. Notably different in that the main character is deeply cynical to the point of outright misanthropy. Not an easy read given the author's writing style!... and it supposedly loses a lot in translation, though since I don't speak French I can't really comment on that.
>>
Amsterdam stories - nescio
>>
steppenwolf
>>
>>9510379
catcher in the rye. it's highschool tier but you'll probably like it if you haven't read it before
>>
>>9513689
the stranger is highschool tier too

everyone reads it when they're around 15 in french countries
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.