[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a book ever made you extremely uncomfortable/uneasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: ginger.gif (788KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.gif
788KB, 900x1200px
Has a book ever made you extremely uncomfortable/uneasy? Maybe even scared?
>>
>gif
no thanks
>>
>>9502769
My favourite book, Picture of Dorian Gray, often makes me feel like a high end faggot, but then I slowly realize that I'm a disgusting homo just like Wilde himself.
>>
>>9502769
Crime and Punishment made me feel anxious a lot of times to be honest. Baudelaire's Le Fleurs du Mal also had a strong emotional impact on me for some reason. The only time I remember being a little bit scared by reading a book was with Thomas Harris' Red Dragon and with Stephen King's Misery.
>>
File: 1361406498326.jpg (47KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
1361406498326.jpg
47KB, 960x639px
Why is the doll so frightening? It's just a doll.
>>
>>9502909
I refuse to ever open that image again
>>
>>9502912

What is it
>>
>>9502935
Just open it, pussy
No one told me what it was when I first had to click on it
>>
>>9502935

It's a really scary doll.
>>
>>9502935
Why it's nothing anon :) just a cute skinny dog sitting on a bed
>>
>>9502769
1984 in the cafeteria scene where the dictionary dude is explaining NewSpeak.
IT. Despite not liking Stepehen King, IT was really good. There was a scene where an old lady turned into this zombie/ghost/creature and it was horrible.
House of Leaves, basically most of the book.
>>
File: Richard_Yates_(book_cover).jpg (175KB, 450x613px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Yates_(book_cover).jpg
175KB, 450x613px
not joking, the absolute removal of any abstract/non-concrete-literal language, coupled with the abusive relationship that just has no way of improving made me feel extremely uncomfortable and bleak; the prose communicated the emotions the characters felt in such a clear way.

friends that i've recommended this to have also said that after finishing it they felt extremely depressed for several days afterwards. it just makes you feel like shit.

i always want to reread it but if i even think about parts from the book i can feel myself getting depressed all over again.
>>
in the end there wasjt much more to do for a man like me because all had gone to end and i sat there and was drinking tea with only one ye left due to unforeseen casualtys in world war three. my name is le and i wondered how i could pay my rent this month because i was without job. the reason for this was simple i was so scared by a book named The darkness in mountains by Lovecraft and there were monsters and such - oit was terrifiyngly scary to be quite honest with you so when i read this book on the toilet and then there was electric shortage on a nationwide level i was so afraid of eistance itself that i collapsed right there into the toilet and then my mean coworker Andrew Maniquette pushed the button and i was suck into the canalization where i woke up and then saw giant rats who where dancing straight out of nowhere a bprima ballerina dance of the firebird and also a little bird was singing the music so there i was, my name still being le and my clothes all wet a, drenched in urines and also some fecals smesprinkles inbetween. but when the confusing intro part of firebird was over and a sad kind of beautiful harmony emerged my heart melted into a smaller more but more solid part of my old heart and i applauded the rats and little bird. my how beautiful i said, you animals really aren't as stupid as everyone used to to tell me all the time in high school, you're actually quite talented. i dreamt of a phoenix or such thing while sitting in the dirty canalization water and some alligators joined me and also a a german shepherd ran wildly past us, ignoring us pretty much but the music was still great and while two rats were hurt by being ignored so unfriendlyish by rowdy they still performed toply. when the dramatic part bega nand the drums were beaten heavily by other rats who were very good at beating drumgs and also i saw that an orchester of little 1-foot tall mannequins was hiding in a niche in the wall and played otquite great, and had played all the time and the bird in truth was doing a karaoke version of several flutes i felt wowed by the fact that fiction is stronger than truth, that truth was actually itself a fiction and this kind of merged into a feeling of PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EXCSTASY WHERE i felt suddenly all exhausted and then fell aslep on ground and there was another whistle from my nw owner Dr. Jameson who was tall and had an orange tan from too much artifical sunlight. He whipped my ass and then got me out on the fields where i was to dig deeper into the world until i reached core of earth who was hotter than hot and burned people if they ever got too closewhich had never occured. I was reulctant to work fro my new master since i was not a homosexual and asked to be released from this whol eaffarif odigging up ecore of earth but there were extreme disagreements that led to violent castration of myself and also i had to walk on all fours in the nude foreverial and spghetti was tied around my body untili was big lasagna
>>
>>9502769
No I'm not a faggot
>>
No I'm not a faggot. You may not believe me but i am literally heterosexual. I know this because i asked my father and he said: Son you are a heterosexual, it doesn't matter if you suck cock all day and night as long as your balls don't touch and i said: No since i'm kneeing i my balls never touch the alls of the other man and my father said: I'm proud of you son, you continue your familys legacy. then he patted me on my head and gave me his meat and i sucked longingly on it it was quite the experience to be filled with my fathers seed and while at the same time not being a faggot in any way since my fathers balls only were hitting my throat as he was thrusting his meat forward in rapid speed. I felt very proud of myself that moment and thought of how not being a faggot was very cool. I was so cool even when i read disturbing stuff i was so unabashed and composed in my inner state of affairs that i then went on to my grunge band and played sick rock and roll about fucking up the patriarchy right then and there and that sex must be consentual or otherwise it's rape. Wre we radical? Oh yes we were, this was our motto after all: be nice but radical and we succeeded. OI was the only male member in our band and was in the duty of playing the bass but that was okay since the bass is a fucking sick instrument especially in a grunge band and then i want upstairs to drink a beer like a macho man but then i remembered that beer was in truth nothing but a symbol of male feelings of superiority. All of this changed when i met Tarantula. I had never felt desire for a woman and thus it was easy for me to judge all the homofaggots who didn't suck cocks and had sex with woman as to hide away their true faggot feelings from reality and exaggerated their desire for tits and ass as to cover up their intense need to touch balls with each other, but when i met Tarantula this all changed foreverial. Tarantula was just walking down a beach while i was building a sandcaastle who would rule over this particular geographjical zone of the beach until maybe the waves would kill it when the flow was strong due to monrelated stuff but until then it was king and such. Tarantual wasn't nude but her clothing was still light enough to give a tease of THINGS TO COME and despite never having been attracted to girls i felt that my peen was growing evermoreso and beneath my judgements of morality there was something monkeyish toying with my thoughts. I jumped in circles and bhit on my breast with FISTS HEAVY AS STONES and made sounds and screamed like Kurt Cobain when he tried to overtone the despair of irreparabale damage and loss of harmony and ran towards Tarantula who wasn't intimitaded and was also the opposite of TIMID and she said: hello there little boy, i see you like eor is that a gun that you have just whipped out of your pants??? and i was le smirking into the camera and said: GTarnatula this is better than gunz, because this thing can't run out of ammunition heheheh nice
>>
>>9503029
tao lin is shit
>>
Yes i'm a girl. yes i'm a girl. Yes i'm a girl. Now that this little bit of background ifnromation on my personality are out of the way let me tell you what i find disturbing: Books by Emil Cioran and such but also PKD Novels. Speaking of dick, i must tell you one thing, i really dislike the phallocentric post of the person who wrote 2 POSTS before me. Whoever wrote this seems to move back to dicks every once and then no andi i wonder if this maybe MEANS SOMETHING or maybe it could mean nothing... but what is truth is that vagina is UNDERDEVELOPED IN THIS TIME and let me change this by telling you what i think of man. A man is an animal and a dreamer, but he's also a stinker and thus a man who stinks less shows that he's bettter at owning himself. This is what disicpline of heart means if you have ever heard of this content. It means that man must tame himself as to be a good man IMO (but it's alo universal truth). If this is then combined with ANIMALISTIC CAPABILITIES this increases it. The more wild and rowdyish a man is, the more impresive his capability to rule over himself...... But also some females are naimals themself and in their false sentimentality for penises and everything that is INSTINCTUAL and LUSTDRIVEN in man they do not care much about the greater things of taste in man. But that's it, you see, penis is econdary, it only enhances the non-penis aspects of man. Now about the vagina. what? What do you mean you don't care about reading about vaginas? What is that supposed to mean? Vaginas are the equivalent of penises so why should it be MORE boring to read about them? First of all Vaginas can be stimulated with FINGERS instead of hands but ALSO with hands. Can you compete? Also Vaginas can SECRET BLOOD and als they can iINSERT things. Look at how small a whole of penis is and then how muc h larger and better the hole of vagina is. It is much better for Storage of things such as penis, then penis is. That is a second plus. Also it grows very wet with a sort of thick nonwaterihsh fluid that has a heavy smmell. That is plus number 3. Also births are done this way, a big fucking new born gets through this. Plus number 4. And then it is circlish in shape, or more... like ips... This is mor eaesthetic thatn the brutish simplicity of a rod or stick... of a sing le line. Thus geometrical complexity and also DEPTH ,meanming three dimensionality makes it plus number 5. Secondly since we have no balls we can't be immobilized at ease. Plus number 7. I think i have made a cmpleing case as for why pallocentrism is a spook, a crickeet, a hoax, a false news, a post-truthual media report by INDIVIDUALS who don't know better or wish not to know better. When i learned these things from the internt i feinally felt confident enough to be who i was always in factual genetics a lesibian who loved other woman. What can i say, i simply love putting on strap ons and penetrating the beautiful vaginas of my girlfriends, the beigger the strap on the better s
>>
i must make confession in his thread for i have been confronted with many thing sdisturbing to me.. i must confess to U that i'm an asexual male.... i have always been disgusted bya ll of roms of promiscuity and genitals and nduity. i am ashamed of my own nudity - this is my confession - the young man wrote in his 4chan post when he went to /lit/ into a thread about uncomfortable or anxietdy inducingliterature where many people were writing and many more would write in futures. People came and went, one of them was a young man living in a box which was alsoa bar where he hung out only with himself and would drink booze but also a woman went there as to write sometimes about books she read and she would write people about philipp k dick for whom she felt oddly a kind of authentic love,. and also there would be a man in his 30's who would be struggling with the decisions of reliving his days of childhod with playtation games or whether to become james jyce tomorrow and he would go to gamestop and look at video game covers and thinlk: This game will be it, this is the one and he would then buy all the games he would say this too and not play them for he was scared and occasionally he would put his whole place Under Water as to prove a point to god who nodded in reassurance and adapted his policys in responce which partly led to the dismantling of THE REPUBLIC OF CHINAAAAAAA in the thiry years wars of the 22th centur but that was much later, for now it lead towards materialistic wellbeing for the man who was struggling struggles. For example he was not he othwner of a rich and well-painted cadillac it also had a chrome spoiler straight out of need for speed 2 and just like in video games hot chicks would give him missions and also warn him of dangerous racing drivers, like Trent Reznor, who drove a competely tuned up Opel into races but would still win since the game designed was about winning as long as you tuned everything up. trent Reznor woulalways use other cars as bumpers which cost many people their lives ut he grew nr. 1 on the ingame champion list. When he wwon he made sick wheelies and drifted in various circles through the audience killing them all. He did this for he was driven by mad LUST for revenge against mankind which was responsible for materialistic misery of souls all across time, but also he was a sick partygoer and was playing nirvana loudly in abandoned factory halls whiledoing root dances with female professional dancers who were attracted by trent reznors thirst for annihilation for virtual audiences celebrating his bvvictories in need for speed underground 2. One wondered if this was all the sick making oaf a overly talented prorammer or just the grammatical hallucination of a lonely man in his bed, but whatever it was it made for some good doorstopper literature, like the one time when Trent reznor bungeyjumped down dr. pavels place and the cord ripped and his car transformed into an airplane and saved him from crashing his
>>
File: 1385677468664.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1385677468664.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
The fuck is going on here?
>>
>>9503208
idk
>>
>>9503208
not done yet
>>
>>9502769
Most of Raymond Carver short stories end up leaving me with a feeling of both naiveness and discomfort.
>>
>>9502769
The Bible absolutely terrifies me sometimes.
t. Catholic
>>
Sole Survivor by Dean Koontz
>>
File: AKU.gif (353KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
AKU.gif
353KB, 500x374px
>>9503148
>i simply love putting on strap ons and penetrating the beautiful vaginas of my girlfriends, the beigger the strap on the better s
this gav eme a chcukckcuclkel
>>
rowdy ran down across the canalization until it reached ladder and it jumped upward until it reached into a virtual world of labyrinths. with swift and cunning runnings and the goodness of his nose hwas left unrestricted by the barriers of wallz which communicated unpassableness. He turned left and right and right and left and so on but he was not scared and his tonge was waving in the sky due to wind accelerated by his speedfulness. he started smelling somethinc specific and driven by explorationwillingness he ran furtherly until he reached an asian restaurant in the midst of the lbayrinths.above the labyrinths were sky of various lightforms, stirring diamonds cascaded into the eyes of godesses seated beneath the virtual dreams of a labyrinth and themself lighting up the universe of glimmering stones with divine godly light which was greenish and looked like appels you could buy at lidl. Within the restaurant was buit after the teachings of tsunami with nice and eastheti decorations and high quality, relatively epxensive furniture which signified higher class of spiritual aristocracy frequenting this place. In the middle of it all rowdy, who had entered the restaurant without care for rulingz, there rowdy saw a man on the tatami mats who was hideo kojima. Kojima smiled his electric smilings and nodded at rowdy who with tilted head barked with authentic curiosity at the mysterious figure of data and conspiracy theorys.Kojima starred intently at rowdys good dogeyes and waved meat in the distance. Rowdysmelled this and started jumping rward with such an excess of juyfullness that it seemed an invisible FIST OF HAPPNESS was throwing him all across the room. he was bouncing up and down while also moving closer to the three tatami mats and HIDEO KOJIMA and when he arrived there kojima proved ehis earnestnes and gave rody the meat. Rowdy ate intently and then fell asleep peacefully. Kojima smiled graciously and waited the whole time never moving his ees away from the resting and snoring doggie rowdy who had had a long journey on his 4 pawz and was now resting without a single troubled thought. when rowdy awoke hideo kojima started speaking and said: Here thou art, rowdy, oh great wise dog of the worlds of material illusions. I am glad you have accepted my invtations of this place of dreams and digital architecture. As you can see our worldz are a maze, with no end and beginning, no matter where one turns one will find a dead end but ONLY if one seeks for a way out. For the people of a more refined taste, who are willing to admit that we art HUMAN ALLTOOHUMAN he will find beautiful pleasures in this senseless mad labyrinth of ours, like this restaurant which was needlessly built for nobody but this appearance of yours at such an dsuch time, meaning today. Your arrivlal was greeted with hope in the hearts of leser minds who inhabti the crevices of this restaurant but for me it meant the joy of indulging in pure souls. bored rowdy ran away with happy face
>>
>>9502935
It's nothing, it's just a doll sitting on a bed. It's labeled as a gif to troll people into thinking that there's some kind of scare because of the creepy doll.
>>
>>9502769
The Consumer- michael gira. Very disgusting but interesting to see what giras mental state was like and apply that to his music
>>
Read Necronomicon at 14. Frightened almost out of my mind.
>>
>>9503029
tao you are fully just shilling yourself right now.
>>
The skinning scene in The Wind-Up Bird Chronice comes to mind
>>
>>9502769
Lolita. I have a 5 year old daughter and the book made me want to throw up, but it was too same good to stop reading.
>>
House of Leaves 100%
Read at night alone in my dorm. Holy fuck the scene with the woman (hooker I think) and the dog as he drove off creeped me the fuck out, I couldn't sleep that night. And another anon said IT. Stephen King is a hack but fuck that book dude, the library scene especially. Read it as a kid (14 I think) and legit teared up from suspense.
>>
File: le-horla-750303.jpg (70KB, 632x888px) Image search: [Google]
le-horla-750303.jpg
70KB, 632x888px
This
>>
File: 24lynch1-blog427-v2.jpg (44KB, 427x448px) Image search: [Google]
24lynch1-blog427-v2.jpg
44KB, 427x448px
>>9507765
patrician
>>
Brothers Karamazov. Made me feel like something about me was all around improper.
>>
The bit in House of Leaves where Navidson's wife is watching the camcorder in the bathroom when the wall behind her suddenly and noiselessly disappears and there's just a massive black void where it used to be gave me the heebie-jeebies the first time I read it.
>>
>>9502909
Bc is a nigger doll
>>
>>9502769
The last part of 1984. Granted, I was like 10 when I read it so I was more impressionable.
>>
>>9506867
HOly shit I forgot about that dog scene. What the fuck was up with that
>>
The fucking apple in metamorphosis fucked me up hard
>>
>>9507991

The part where strange scratch marks started appearing on the kids freaked me out a lot. That whole book was creepy but I guess that was the point lol
>>
>>9508493
This is really interesting, i heard things about that book but this seems the horror fiction i'm looking for, just..

>Danielewski: "I had one woman come up to me in a bookstore and say, 'You know, everyone told me it was a horror book, but when I finished it, I realized that it was a love story.' And she's absolutely right. In some ways, genre is a marketing tool"

The horror is the dominant here or the love story?
>>
>>9508705

Definitely horror.
>>
>>9508705
What was dominant was Truant's stupid fucking aimless postmodern shit rants, god fucking dammit do I wish he had deleted at least two thirds of the Truant passages. Fucking awful waste of time that distracted from the Navidson Report, which was quite good
>>
>>9502769
anyone got the moving version of this gif
>>
>>9508888
You'll see that on your bed tonight, anon.

Get some toilet paper, if you know what i mean.
>>
>>9509247
Why would I need toilet paper when I can just cum on the doll
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.