[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, this has been driving me insane over the last.....5 years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1494229761587[1].jpg (80KB, 640x470px)
1494229761587[1].jpg
80KB, 640x470px
So, this has been driving me insane over the last.....5 years, but I can't recall a book that I remembered seeing in like 4th or 5th grade, it was actually a more advanced book, a somewhat thick novel that I remember primarily due to the cover art.

Basically it had a guy on the rocky outcrop of the top of a mountain, with bald, glassy-eyed, green-skinned creatures with swords on either side of him, and his back was facing the viewer, but he was turning to look back.

I remember it was in the fantasy, maybe sword and sorcery genre.
>>
>>9502686
Was it a fighting fantasy book?
>>
>>9502698
Is that a genre? I don't recall. I remember that it reminded me of The Highlander, which is what attracted me to it.

I read the first chapter or so, and it had a good deal of action.
>>
File: FF9_Zigzag.jpg (102KB, 656x1072px)
FF9_Zigzag.jpg
102KB, 656x1072px
>>9502698
Neat, I wondered the same thing.

My favourite was Caverns of the Snow Witch.
>>
>>9502715
The art style for the cover was very similar to that.
>>
>>9502715
I enjoyed Creature of Havoc because I'm a fucking masochist.
>>
>>9502698
>>9502715
>>9502745
If it helps, the book was most likely written in the 90's.
>>
>>9502723
You should just scroll through all the covers of the Fighting Fantasy books and see if one of them matches your mental silhouette.

>>9502745
Now I want to get some of these books again.
>>
>>9502762
>You should just scroll through all the covers of the Fighting Fantasy books and see if one of them matches your mental silhouette

None of them matched even remotely closely.
>>
File: Fighting-Fantasy-3.jpg (1MB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting-Fantasy-3.jpg
1MB, 1280x998px
>>9502686
Both of those headlines are true, and yes, the washington post are hypocrites. Hypocrisy =/= wrong.
>>
>>9502790
Nope, none of them have even a semblance of what I remember, and I have a pretty good visual memory.
>>
Guys my university library AND interlibrary loan don't have any Fighting Fantasy books, other than Duke's rare books collection which won't lend anything

The public library has no Fighting Fantasy books

What the fuck do I do? I hate reading on a computer and I am broke

I want to play Fighting Fantasy
>>
>>9502686
I stumbled upon a cover that matches yours almost exactly about a year and a half ago when I was just browsing through authors and their works, but can't remember what it was called...

Fuck, now you've got me wondering.
>>
File: armiesofdeath.jpg (165KB, 657x1053px) Image search: [Google]
armiesofdeath.jpg
165KB, 657x1053px
Is it this?
>>
>>9502864
No.

I remember there were only 2 or 3 enemies, which he was standing above, ontop of what I could only assume was a mountain. Looking back on it, the art seemed familiar to Frank Frazetta.
>>
>>9502883
Bah, haven't the foggiest then.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.