[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>And finally, to call to mind the enormous influence which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Nietzsche.gif (1MB, 1274x955px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.gif
1MB, 1274x955px
>And finally, to call to mind the enormous influence which "German philosophy"—I hope you understand its right to inverted commas (goosefeet)?—has exercised throughout the whole of Europe, there is no doubt that a certain VIRTUS DORMITIVA had a share in it; thanks to German philosophy, it was a delight to the noble idlers, the virtuous, the mystics, the artiste, the three-fourths Christians, and the political obscurantists of all nations, to find an antidote to the still overwhelming sensualism which overflowed from the last century into this, in short—"sensus assoupire."...
What the actual fuck is he talking about? Also, I thought the purpose of punctuation was to make shit easier to understand. This has the opposite effect. Maybe they should have made Nietzsche pass 4th grade English before they decided to let him become a famous philosopher.
>>
>>9499341
He's shit talking pseudo-mystics bores such as Kant, Hegel, Luther and Wagner.
>>
>>9499375
Two sentences prior:
>But such replies belong to the realm of comedy, and it is high time to replace the Kantian question, "How are synthetic judgments a PRIORI possible?" by another question, "Why is belief in such judgments necessary?"—in effect, it is high time that we should understand that such judgments must be believed to be true, for the sake of the preservation of creatures like ourselves; though they still might naturally be false judgments!
>Kantian question
>Kant
Damn, you must really know your shit. To understand that completely out of context. Dr. Peterson, is that you?
>>
>Maybe they should have made Nietzsche
I can't even tell if this is bait, but Nietzsche wrote in German
>>
>>9499341
6/10
>>
He's just mocking the followers of Kant.
>>
>>9499341
Notwithstanding OP's troll or sheer stupidity, this is one of the better aphorisms of BGE. His analysis of the history of German idealism and its roots is spot-on, with a perfect fucking delivery. His comparison between Kant and Molière's fake doctor spouting fake Latin is one of the best you'll find anywhere.
>>
>>9499341
German philosophy numb the senses or put the senses to sleep
>>
>>9499381
>first line says "German philosophy"
>first poster quotes the two most famous German philosophers
>OH MY GOD YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS WTF
jesus christ dude get it together
>>
To my fellow anons well versed in Nietzsche, are we living in the times of the Last Man?
>>
>>9499496
absolutely not
>>
>>9499496
If anything we're seeing the return of aristocracy.
>>
>>9499952
>>9499983
What makes you say that?
>>
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.