[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Hey did you know Dickens was paid by the word? That's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1485203072254.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485203072254.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>"Hey did you know Dickens was paid by the word? That's why his books are so long and boring hahaha."
>>
Hey did you know your mom got paid by the government to service black dicks?
>>
>>9499228
Yeah, that's how you were born
>>
>hey did you know that Shakespeare was a plebeian entertainer, that means that Avengers movies are just as good as Shakespeare
>>
>>9499244
>Hey, did you know plebeian means middle class?
>>
>>9499197
Rrrrage
>>
File: squinty-leo.jpg (7KB, 302x263px) Image search: [Google]
squinty-leo.jpg
7KB, 302x263px
>>9499240
>>
>>9499197
Yes. It was equivalent to .25\wd with respect to today's currency. This windfall enabled him to have affairs with many hot actresses both in England and on the continent.
Man, I wish I lived in those times and HAD HAD Dickens' ability to macro word-produce. In fact, I wish I was Charles Dickens. *sigh*
>>
>>9499197
Sadly, this is true for some chapters in The Idiot, which is why I could never finish it. Some chapters are brilliant, some are SHIT
>>
>hey did you know War and Peace is the longest book ever written
>>
>>9499250
>did you know it doesnt
>>
>>9501228
>did you know it doesnt?
>>
>>9501222
Yep, that Dickenstoevsky fella sure wrote a lot of pointless chapters.
>>
>>9499679
Afe you saying that Dickens frequently dickened ladies and dicked around with words?
>>
>>9501271
Yes, indeedy! It is in fact common knowledge that carnal knowledge was Dickens' forTAY. When he wasn't indicting or rather 'inditing' endless implausible manuscripts anent the dirt poor and virtuous he was endicking them... along with various and sundry top dollar whores and bawdy strumpets throughout the Western hemisphere. And shady ladies too. And laddies! The surprise this commin knowledge elicits is in fact the origin of the expostulation "What the Dickens!" (to express surprise) because even we in the know find it very hard to believe. The vulgar slang word 'dick' itself is merely a shortening of its parent vulgar slang word 'dickens,' derived from Charles. In fact, Charles Dickens was the original model of Alfred Jarry's SuperMale, which see.
Quite a man!
>>
File: af7.jpg (61KB, 573x619px) Image search: [Google]
af7.jpg
61KB, 573x619px
>''Mozart was basically the pop music of his times: had he been born in the '80s-'90s he would have become either a pop musician or a film music composer!''

>''Beethoven? He was the death metal of the 19th century!''
>>
>>9499422
>squinty-leo
wow, flashback to high school
>>
>>9501951
Recently, /lit/ has gotten so bad that if anyone writes a decently long (but not too long and not too difficult post) more or less accurately summing up the themes of a good book or talking kinda interestingly about something vaguely philosophical/psychological/literary, everyone says "good post"

However, in my opinion, this is what a good post actually is.
>>
>>9501975
Gee, anon. Thanks. The codicil is that I both love and respect the literary remains of Charles Dickens, and of Western Lit in general.
Hope the evening passes well. Cheers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.