[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I presume /lit/ is full of pseudo-intellectual aspiring writers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: anime-exams.jpg (24KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
anime-exams.jpg
24KB, 500x281px
I presume /lit/ is full of pseudo-intellectual aspiring writers.

Where do you get your inspiration and topics/subjects to write about and how do you motivate yourself to write?
>>
I think of the coolest story possible.

I don't motivate myself to write, I just write. At least 2000 words a day. If you have to motivate yourself you're not cut out for it.
>>
>>9495671
>Where do you get your inspiration and topics/subjects to write about
Usually from things i'm experiencing like amalgams of different "storylines" going on within my life.
Or I have a feeling or idea that I want to explore so I think of a scenario or story that WOULD explore that or really embody that feeling for me and then i try and write it.
>how do you motivate yourself to write?
i'll usually be sitting around not doing anything and think "i should be writing right now" and then I start writing

You gotta just start doing it. You can't think about it. Action creates new pathways in your brain. If you do the same thing for 30 days in a row, it sticks as a habit. Write everyday for 30 days in a row, you'll keep writing everyday. Setting patterns in your behavior is remarkably easy to do with brute force.
>>
>>9495690
Oh, I also quit wasting my time. When I completely swore off video games my productivity sky rocketed.
>>
1. Usually I'll just write some poetry about interesting shit that happens in my life.
2. I'm lazy as fuck. I only really write when I feel the acute need to.
>>
I get my inspiration from music, other authors and every day life in the middle of nowhere. I like writing about fantasy people and fantasy civilizations.

I motivate myself with the desire to create and express myself, and the fact that if I just waste my time on leisure I'll get depressed and kill myself.
>>
I don't have ideas or motivation.

I sometimes write anyway, but it never turns into a story or something that isn't garbage.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.