[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books that resemble the works of charlie kaufman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (15KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 185x272px
What are some books that resemble the works of charlie kaufman? Particularly works like Synecdoche, New York which deals heavily in themes of love and death and the relationship between the two. I'm about halfway through White Noise which seems to do something to this effect but I'd like something that has a little more to do with romantic love
>>
the talmud
>>
>>9495291
This doesn't seem like it fits my description at all after a quick glance lol. But i'll bite, what does it have to say about love and death?
>>
>>9495332
Not even sure if serious bait, or super silly bait.

Its a cornerstone of a major world religion. The whole damn think is about love and death. There's a fair bit about war, but lets face it, that's the same thing really.
>>
I don't know many works that deal with both love and death? And anyway I've only seen Being John Malkovich and Adaptation, not Synechdoche NY. White Noise is a good love/death book you are right, but has a lot more death than love I think. Maybe Delillo's The Body Artist is closer to what you are imagining? Or if you want all death and no love, you can try his recent apocalyptic thing Zero K. I can't think of anyone besides Delillo at the moment haha
>>
>>9495341
Not bait lol completely serious. I would'nt cosider myself well read by any means so it doesn't come as a surprise that i'm not aware of the talmud. Thanks for the rec though i'll check it out
>>
>>9495287
i havent seen this movie but it looks really pretentious
>>
>>9495360
Havent read the body artist yet.i'll look into it thanks man
>>
>>9495287
The closest thing I've read to Adaptation is Norm MacDonald's book Based On A True Story. The ghost writer becomes a character in the book and it's about the writing of the book itself.

It has some very weighty themes, but more importantly, it's the funniest book I've ever read.
>>
>>9495368
not OP, but it was. hard to get through it, in fact. it's maybe worth watching once if you're a film student. not really for plebs.
>>
>>9495368
I've heard other people say the same thing but i honestly cant imagine why it would seem any more pretentious than most of the experimental stuff that gets posted on this board
>>
burn new york city to the ground
>>
Maybe Borges? The themes of reality/simulation could also connect to PKD and Baudrillard.
>>
>>9495362
>I wouldn't consider myself well read by any means so it doesn't come as a surprise that i'm not aware of the talmud

bro, you don't have to be well-read to know what the Talmud is.

Maybe you need to widen your reading, include things like Harper's mag, the Atlantic, Cynthia Ozick, Phillip Roth, Updike, Cheever.
Travel or work abroad.
>>
>>9495407
greatest city in the world.

get fucked, lil' fella
>>
>>9495488
i've been looking into borges. thinking about tackling him next

>>9495515
while traveling does sound appealing i'm still a senior in high school so that's not really a viable option for me as of now lol maybe later in life. will definitely look into these though thanks
>>
If love and death were the main themes you got out of Synecdoche, New York you're fucking retarded mate.
>>
>>9495674
thanks man, good to hear
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.