[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i tell if i'm a genius, average, or shit? I write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

How do i tell if i'm a genius, average, or shit?

I write every day, but i dont show any of it to anyone because most of it is way too subtle or different to be appreciated. Should i show some of it to a professor to get a valid appraisal, or do you think even that won't be enough? They're in a cage of their own opinions and ideas of what a work of art should be. Should i write some populist shit first, then pump out progressively better books so people know it isnt nonsense or hack-tier garbage?

This isn't bait. I saw someone post something just like this the other day and you all thought it was some joke. I want actual advice, /lit/.

I might ruin it, but here are some influences:
James Joyce
Virginia Woolf
Alan Moore
DFW (to a healthy extent)
Pynchon
Delillo
Kafka

My enemies:
Nabokov
Joyce (think about it)
Hemingway
Smith
Nietzsche

I know im my mind that everything i write is great. I let it sit for the usual 3 months and when i revisit it, its just as good as when i wrote it. I dont understand why you guys have such a hard time writing, either. It's easy, and i call upon it at will. I dont have to wait for the right moment or anything.
>>
>>9495074
>This isn't bait.
OK, I believe you now xD
>>
>>9495074
>because most of it is way too subtle or different to be appreciated

lel

delusions of grandeur breh. your word vomit after that phrase confirms it. you come off like you're very young...

my honest advice is to kys fgt or ask your 10th grade teacher for publishing tips.
>>
>>9495074
>Joyce (think about it)
why
>>
mind posting a short excerpt?
>>
>>9495074
This is always for others to decide, the nature of the beast. And what's the likelihood some Walker Percy, or Mabel Loomis Todd will even be there to insure (you) a legacy after your life itself fails?
On the other hand it's a crapshoot, an unlikely bet.. awaiting some outcome enough (presumably) to sustain a life.
>>
dont qualify yourself to us.
same thing happened to the other guy.
Just do.
Fucking writers who don't actually have anything to say... just assuming their garble is meaning because they "feel" it.
You're making entertainment first and foremost. Don't talk it up to much.
>>
>>9495138
(think about it)
>>
File: IMG_6667.jpg (70KB, 614x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6667.jpg
70KB, 614x412px
If your not getting paid or published anywhere, you're just an oversized ego with a hobby.
>>
>>9495074
>I write every day, but i dont show any of it to anyone because most of it is way too subtle or different to be appreciated.
Well, you sound like a genius to me OP.
>>
>>9495074
How's your craft? What have you studied so far, when it comes to language itself and literary composition? And what are you studying now?

If your craft is not on point (you should be able to consider yourself a virtuoso) you're just a dude who is writing for fun.
>>
>>9495508
I can tell this guy's craft skill is, at least, 8/10 and he's def working on progressing it to 9/10 right now.
>>
File: mfw 11.jpg (24KB, 308x337px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 11.jpg
24KB, 308x337px
>>9495074
>I know in my mind that everything i write is great.
>I know in my mind
>>
File: aghori-death-threat-1024x573.jpg (58KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
aghori-death-threat-1024x573.jpg
58KB, 1024x573px
Only about 15 percent of what makes dylan a great is his lyrics.
>>
>>9496393
lmao got em. get wrecked, op.
>>
>>9496393
I came here to make the same post. Nailed this pseud.
>>
This must be how Salieri felt when that cackling ass-muncher showed up and pooped out pure genius on the page, uncorrected or revised. God I hate you OP. I hate you for your arrogance. I hate you all the more if it turns out you are actually a good writer. I hate you, nonetheless and all the same.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.