[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get why people like this guy. Not only are his books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Stephen-King-p58tud.jpg (373KB, 2060x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-King-p58tud.jpg
373KB, 2060x1236px
I don't get why people like this guy. Not only are his books populist crap but their not even entertaining. Is this goy someone you have to read as an impressionable child in order to appreciate?
>>
>I don't get why people like this guy. Not only are his books populist crap
>I don't get why people like populist
>>
>>9494887
It's like the next step after the Goosebumps series.
>>
>>9494887
>populist

?
>>
I find his books enjoyable.
>>
File: IMG_0912.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0912.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>9494887
>this goy
Who can it be now?
>>
>>9494887
>populist crap
>not entertaining

excuse me?
>>
I read The Stand as a kid and liked it. Nothing else he's written really seems that appealing to me besides 11/22/63 but I really like the JFK assassination
>>
>Is this goy someone you have to read as an impressionable child in order to appreciate?
Pretty much. I read him in my preteen years and I don't get why he's hated to the point of being a staple meme on here even if I have no desire to read him now. On a side note: King is looking extra spooky these days. Does he have cancer or something, or is he just an ugly old guy?
>>
>>9494887
People like Dan Brown and James Patterson too, and he's better than them, so this shouldn't be surprising.
>>
>>9495135
i always smile whenever i'm reminded james patterson exists
>>
>>9495135
Yeah, but people don't treat Dan Brown or Patterson as God's gift to literature. Just go look at the top post on /r/books right now. There's people in it saying King is the greatest writer ever.
>>
>>9495001
His characters are all Americana cliches. The working man, the beer-drinking-TV-watching baseball-playing-whatever...It's like he was raised on American sitcoms

And yeah his books are boring
>>
>>9495147
There are people on this planet who think Patterson writes all his own material and he deserves to go down in history above and beyond Hemingway or Asimov.

I hope the Chinese, Indian, and Brazilian market booms don't take a liking to his drivel.
>>
>>9494887
I liked his earlier work, Misery was pretty god damn good m8, even if it's a meme book now because of the movie.
>>
>>9494887
The Stand was so boring I had to stop reading it 15% of the way through. Same with The Dark Tower.

But King has a really fucked up, negative view of human nature and people behave in groups. He also has a weird Lovecraftian vision for his extended universe.

He's probably the perfect person to write horror, i just wish there was a book of his I actually liked.
>>
>>9495147
It's that a mute point because everyone here hates reddit?
>>
>>9496023
the dude jacks it to Lovecraftian horror every night. half of his books could be classified as lovecraftian, if not more.
>>
He writes a book a year, dude is literally pumping them out to make money.

He has some gems, but 90% of what he puts out is garbage.
>>
>>9496081
Yeah, he's got a weirdo imagination. His movies can only capture a tiny hint of it but normies don't appreciate it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.