[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'sup /lit/ I am socially conservative, but economically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

'sup /lit/

I am socially conservative, but economically progressive. What are some philosophers / political theorists I need to read?
>>
>>9494616
Chesterton in general and Belloc's Servile State
>>
Bane
>>
>>9494616
There was something in my response that gave me the "connection error" message and I can't figure out what it was so fuck you.
>>
Lasch
>>
>>9494776
>not automatically copying your comment every few seconds while you're typing it out
It's like you just came.
>>
>>9494809
I did and your mother loved it.
>>
>>9494809
No it's not that I lost the comment, it's that 4chan does not let me post if I use certain characters (for example the Euro symbol) but sometimes I don't know what their problem is.
>>
File: lenin was volcel.jpg (80KB, 1057x235px) Image search: [Google]
lenin was volcel.jpg
80KB, 1057x235px
>>9494616
marxists.
>>
>>9494616
>socially conservative
>culturally progressive
The worst of both worlds I see
>>
>>9494616
Zizek kinda fits the bill. Depends on how conservative you are.
>>
LASCH
A
S
C
H
>>
>>9494846

The reverse doesn't make sense. Modern day leftistism is blatantly illogical, because they want taxes to fund everyone's health, schooling and welfare yet they also want to import any and all immigrants and decrease moral standards, which would simply raise the burden on the taxpayer. If you're going to have a plan in which society's taxes are used to pay for everything, then you would need pretty stringent standards to make sure that's actually possible.
>>
>>9494616
>ocially conservative, but economically progressive
so you are fascist
>>
File: Duerr_News_Logo_2014.jpg (179KB, 1627x519px) Image search: [Google]
Duerr_News_Logo_2014.jpg
179KB, 1627x519px
>>9494939
LOL good one, m8
>>
>>9494991

Not him, but how would a modern welfare state sustain itself if it kept on taking in charity cases? Most migrants don't earn enough money to pay much in the way of tax, and so become a net drain on public resources.

What's more, thanks to liberal ideology, women in Western countries have few children, which means that all population growth has to come from immigration. These poor yet fecund immigrants increase the burden on native taxpayers, and also contribute to growing internal conflict, terrorism, and crime.

For what it's worth, it doesn't matter what skin colour the immigrants have, in these economic and social conditions, trouble is inevitable.
>>
>>9495027
>Most migrants don't earn enough money to pay much in the way of tax
this is false
>women in Western countries have few children, which means that all population growth has to come from immigration.
false again
>These poor yet fecund immigrants increase the burden on native taxpayers, and also contribute to growing internal conflict, terrorism, and crime.
false again.
>For what it's worth, it doesn't matter what skin colour the immigrants have, in these economic and social conditions, trouble is inevitable.
i'd bet my life savings that you don't add this proviso to your anti-immigrant posts on /pol/ and that skin colour is the number one thing you care about.
>>
>>9494939
Immigrants are not a burden on tax payers since they are necessary to drive down wages and actually keep markets functioning. When you have an ageing society you can either subsidize children [all the direct costs will show up as massive debt] or rely on adult immigrants in which case you don't have to invest all the money necessary raising children. That doesn't have to do with "modern day leftistism" since governments across the board have decided to rely on immigrants because it's cheaper.

>>9495027
If migrants were a net drain no government would let them in, immigrants must be good for business or else you bet it wouldn't be occurring. Cut off immigration and you'll get a profit squeeze and capital flight.
>>
>>9495086
the number one driving force behind immigration is businesses.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.