[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general opinion of Nixon's books? From

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What's the general opinion of Nixon's books?

From the little I've read he actually seems very moderate, maybe even progressive.

He certainly is an interesting person and there's currently no Republican like him out there.
But maybe he'd be a democrat today considering he was so anti-gun and pro health care.
>>
I haven't read Richard Nixon's writing but I read Bill Clinton and Tony Blair. Reading political memoirs feels like a waste of time because they seem like they're still lying to prop up their image and further their agenda. When I finish reading, I don't feel like I know what they think - rather I know what they want me to think they think.
>>
>>9490083
Chomsky says Nixon "was our last liberal president."

Anyway, I've only read "In the Arena," and quite liked it despite the problems Anon describes here: >>9490093 You may have felt like the victim, Dick, but that doesn't make it (entirely) true. Smart guy nonetheless, would vote for.
>>
File: IMG_8618.jpg (347KB, 1400x2113px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8618.jpg
347KB, 1400x2113px
>>9490083
>>
>>9490093
I do think Nixon's books are somewhat different and he does really like to talk about the foreign politics.
Was probably the thing he loved the most about his presidency, the foreign politics.

>>9490111
>Chomsky says Nixon "was our last liberal president."
Probably because he didn't care about domestic policies and was willing to bend towards the will of the population.
Don't know how much he cared for EPA, he still did it.
So he's about as liberal as the population was.

In his later books and later statements it's clear that he was very anti-gun and for national healthcare, which would make him unelectable in the current GOP.
>>
>>9490083
>There's currently no Republican like him
Except for Trump you know? This isn't satire, I admire both men, although their personalities are opposites their political movements are not.
>>
>>9490226
Are you talking about Nixon's "Silent majority"?

Then the only thing that's remotely similar is how they reached out to the voters pre election.
Even then it's a far shot.

Once in office they couldn't be more different.
Domestically Nixon is as far removed from Trump as Obama, and when it comes to foreign policy there's no comparison.

Trump isn't an interesting person either.

I didn't think badly of him before the election, but I don't see much merit in Trump.
It's good that Trump reached out to the rural areas and the rust belt. And that their voices were heard.

But his presidency has been a little crap so far.
Was excited for Trump's promise to invest in infrastructure, shame it was just a lie. (the thing that irks me the most)
Comey had it coming though.

He's nothing like Nixon.
>>
>>9490226
When I listen to Nixon speak I hear a very intelligent man, a humble man with dignity and self respect, a charismatic and well spoken man. When I listen to Trump I don't hear those things.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.