[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with this man? I'm mainly interested on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 800px-CGJung.jpg (162KB, 800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
800px-CGJung.jpg
162KB, 800x1201px
Where to start with this man? I'm mainly interested on the archetypal theory and have a general understanding of Freudian theory, is that enough?

And should I start with his clinical cases or just read the stuff on archetypes and the collective unconscious?
>>
>>9489209
Start with The Archetypes and the Collective Consciousness, then move on to Aion, then on to whatever interests you. End with his autobiography.
If you're struggling with The Archetypes, start with Man and His Symbols instead.
>>
just skim the wiki article bro
>>
>>9489209
Jung is for pseuds who think they're above new-age bullshit but in reality aren't that much smarter than the typical sucker.
>>
>>9489313
This.

Also, understanding Nietzsche before reading him is a good idea.
>>
I'm a brainlet. Will I find Jung hard to follow?
>>
>>9489541
brainlets love jung
>>
File: junglakezurich.jpg (42KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
junglakezurich.jpg
42KB, 337x450px
>>9489541
Directed towards you, but also in general: Jung often masquerades as simple philosopher/psychoanalyst with poor writing ability, but if you are able to take into account what's going on behind the scenes, and what Jung is *really* trying to say, he acquires as much depth and difficulty as Nietszche or Heidegger. You'll need some background on the psychoanalytical movement and its relation to Nietszche and Marx, as well as some critical perspectives of Jung to really understand him (I recommend Kaufmann's Discovering the Mind Volume 3, namely the sections on Freud & Jung, Adler is mostly anecdotal for your understanding). That being said, Jung is very boring in my experience reading him; he tends to meander around, changing subjects meaninglessly before ending a line of thought without a conclusion. Don't go into it if you're not acutely interested in what he has to say.
>>
>>9489586
I can't seem to find a download link, do you have one? I'm not American, so libraries don't have any copies.
>>
File: TheRedBook-LEFAP-Catalog5.jpg (857KB, 820x1076px) Image search: [Google]
TheRedBook-LEFAP-Catalog5.jpg
857KB, 820x1076px
>>9489502
>>9489567
Back to your Marx threads kiddo; the big boys are talking now.
>>
>>9491645
>marxist
I'm an egoist only losers and stupid people like yourself align themselves politically.
>big boys
Is it a big boy thing to LARP your way into the world because you're too much of a pussy to deal with the reality of it?
>>
>>9492853

>I'm an egoist

Not that anon but you're a young edgy dork with a chip on his shoulder.
>i'm an e-egoist, mom
>>
>>9492870
It's edgy to care about yourself? Haha says something about you.
>>
File: to you, sir.jpg (29KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
to you, sir.jpg
29KB, 480x640px
>>9492900

Haha I'm only joking I'm also a practicing egoist. They fear our power, brother! That bit about you being a young edgy dork was clearly a ruse on my part.
>>
>>9492853

>egoist

yikes.
>>
File: 1492839940937.png (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1492839940937.png
6KB, 253x199px
>>9492853

this is a parody right?
>>
>>9492933
>>9492946
>>9492965
lmao calm down
>>
Nothing like a Jung thread to trigger snowflakes.

>>9489313 is a good response
>>
>>9489209
>>9489313
I started with autobiography and I found it a good starting point.
>>
Nu-Pagans you have your own board for your magic horseshit >>>/x/ you don't belong on this Christian board
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.