[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to write a game review >can't come up with shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>try to write a game review
>can't come up with shit after two paragraphs

Any advice on how to get better at writing?
>>
>>9487186
read more and actually pay attention to the writing that is to say focus on the style tone and diction

for your case read more game reviews that are published by some mediocre site
>>
>>9487186
are you just writing a summary every time you write a review? learn how to extend simple things into a couple paragraphs, this is a vital part of writing as a whole
>>
>>9487186
You are probably saying what you have to say, giving hard info, but I think most review-readers are there to stroke their dicks thinking about what a good/bad game they just played and how you agree with them.

Maybe read Cracked and get a handle on the "engaging," low-info style?
>>
>>9487186
It sounds like you have no thoughts. If you had thoughts and you were just a shitty writer, you would be able to at least write more than two paragraphs, even if they sucked ass.

To fix the problem of having no thoughts, spend time while playing consciously voicing your expectations, recognizing your emotions, and spotting patterns.
>>
play less games and read more books

to be honest, if you really wanna get good at writing you're gonna have to give up a dead-end hobby like videogaming, it's not social enough to give you material to write about
>>
>>9487186

Writing reviews is the easiest shit ever.
>introduction, what by who
>thoughts on story
>thoughts on characters
>thoughts on gameplay
>thoughts on level design/music/whatever else
>summary

Just don't prattle on page after page, like 99% of these retards calling themselves critics online. Keep it short and succinct.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.