[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody made a decent systemised account of essays and classification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1467323339948.jpg (143KB, 800x857px) Image search: [Google]
1467323339948.jpg
143KB, 800x857px
Has anybody made a decent systemised account of essays and classification of all major essay types?

Third year undergradfag in science here and I'm pretty exhausted of all the academics apparently knowing intuitively how to make perfect essays but not one of them being able to precisely pin down what constitutes it when trying to convey it to us and contradicting each other.

I can usually score As and Bs but at this low level I want to be writing 90-100% mark essays every time.
>>
The essay continually defies strict definition or classification for me. It frustrates me as well. Every submission that has come back with a high grade or praise has been the result of a late-night, stream-of-consciousness exercise. Any attempt of a focused effort or parsimony has only led to further frustration, missing deadlines or failing to submit entirely.
>>
>>9486624
this. when I write late at night the day before the due date I get 90-100%. When I plan ahead and write during daytime, I get 70-80%
>>
>>9486624
>>9486654

Same experience. The harder I try, the worse I do.
>>
You go two ways:
You don't know anything at all
You know everything
and you're back where you started

You know incompletely, and you'll fail.
>>
>>9486654

I've had this too. Very annoying.
>>
>>9486558
>>9486654
>>9486624
You guys need to realize just how little effort is put into marking these things.
They usually just get handed down to a junior lecturing assistant who glances over them and marks whatever he feels like
>>
>>9488460

Be that as it may, are there any noteworthy studies into the nature of essays from writers and philosophers you'd recommend?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.