[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth it reading the edition on the right? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: gr.jpg (228KB, 559x428px) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
228KB, 559x428px
Is it even worth it reading the edition on the right? I'm aware it's a full mess, and I have the opportunity to get either one for the same price, I gather the blue cover older one is without fault in at least the typo/textual errors department?

Thanks
>>
Fuck off
>>
The errors got corrected after the first printing.
It's not that hard if you know how to read.
>>
>>9477229

There is one line missing which has been fixed in later edition and if you get the "fucked" copy, you can easily just fill in the missing line using a pen.

There has been 0 evidence of any other egregious errors or typos.
>>
Both those editions contain errors. Wait for the next printing edited by pynchon himself... oh btw it's 128 pages longer
>>
why don't you find out for yourself
>>
>>9477229
Stop spreading this meme, there was one "significant" error in the copy on the right; a sentence on page 142 that had a line omitted, it has since been fixed, along with other minor errors (types, missing capitals, etc.).
>>
File: everyman95grpage73.jpg (33KB, 600x214px) Image search: [Google]
everyman95grpage73.jpg
33KB, 600x214px
read this version
>>
>>9478199
They're both penguin retard
>>
>>9477229
I like the paper used on the right so I went with that one even though I like the cover on the left more

Whatever that paper is called on the right should be the standard for all books imo

Perfect to the touch
>>
>>9478473
Too bad about the
DECKLED
EDGES
>>
>>9478473
>Choosing books based on anything but what they contain.
Wew lad you should fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>9478473

But the one on the right is a objectively horrific in every way.
>>
>>9479331
Wew lad the words between the two versions are the fucking same so you can go by picking based on cover, paper, etc

>>9479337
Literally how

>>9479009
Doesn't bother me
>>
>>9478473
yeah, agree, is fucking comfy, I'm glad I got memed
>>
>>9479717
Thanks lad

Anybody know what that specific paper is called?
>>
>>9480048
comfypaper
>>
>>9477833
source or BS
>>
>>9478473
The card-like cover on the Deluxe Edition is just amazing. I agree, it's a great edition.
>>
all the editions of GR have several errors
you are supposed to buy them all to really understand what the book is about
>>
>>9481460
Sneaky, Pinecone
>>
>>9480059
:3
>>
I read the book on the right and didn't get it at all. I would not recommend that edition because it made no sense.
>>
>>9478473
Loved the edition too. It felt great to hold, looks awesome, feels good read well. Love love love
>>
>>9481429
obviously bs
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.