[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best books to read about ancient Mesopotamia? Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: ur01.jpg (97KB, 894x594px) Image search: [Google]
ur01.jpg
97KB, 894x594px
What are the best books to read about ancient Mesopotamia? Also, is there any fiction set in this kind of setting?
>>
>>9477203
>>
>>9477231
This is 25 years old, have we learned nothing substantially new in that time?
>>
>>9477258
do you really think there are some kind of big ground breaking discoveries being made in the middle east all the time? 90% of the shit we know about ancient egypt and mesopotamia is from the same 3 greeks sources we've had since some guy fleeing the sack of constantinople brought them to florence or whatever...
>>
>>9477258
We have, but nothing that really contradicts what we already knew. That book will cover all of the basics, and if you want to know more about something you can easily look it up.
>>
>>9477267
That's really not true. The amount we know from being able to read hyeroglyphs versus Herodotus' accounts pulled out of his ass 1000 years after the fact isn't even comparable
>>
>>9477272
OP here. Is there anything that doesn't cost £30?
>>
>>9477283
ok fair enough, i should have said there hasn't been any major discoveries since the french and british got done looting the place 100 years ago i'm fucking glad they looted it since muslims either didn't care or actively destroyed shit
>>
>>9477290
You're a real piece of work.

Go use oxfordbibliographies and jstor and look at academic reviews, it took me about 2 minutes to do that for >>9477231
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.