[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really struggle to understand what Rimbaud is talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Rimbaud (1).png (430KB, 664x874px) Image search: [Google]
Rimbaud (1).png
430KB, 664x874px
I really struggle to understand what Rimbaud is talking about half the time.

It is beautiful, but I cannot understand it, at least to the point where I have a concrete understanding

Is this what poetry is about?
>>
>>9474518

>Is this what poetry is about?

For you.
>>
>>9474518
you need to live more, anon.
>>
>>9474518

Like with most poetry you don't have to worry about what it's about. You just have to enjoy the way the words sound.
>>
>>9474631
>tfw all of Rimbaud's poetry was written before he turned 21.
>>
>>9474699
you obviously don't have quite the same life experiences or sensibility then.
draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>9474718
Do you?
>>
>>9474518
I want to fuck Rimbaud's boypussy.
>>
http://www.mag4.net/Rimbaud/en/

Great site, all of the collected Rimbaud's work.
Best to try to read him chronologically.
You can see that the young 15-16 year old Rimbaud wrote very romantically, he used basic meter, basic rhyme, the expected. He loved the sonnets, French and Latin hexameters.
If you then read A season in Hell (Une saison en Enfer), the young Rimbaud, now just 18? I can't recall, sees that it just is no good -- you CAN'T find the Truth if you don't DESTROY yourself.
The dissolution of all senses isn't some teenage angst, it's the collective thought progress of everyone that wrote, and writes today. What I mean, is that the old rhyme, old poetics are just not good enough. We aren't developing anything if it's clear, well-know, and worn-out.
Rimbaud's decent into free verse is just the logical step forward. His prose poems are masterful, just because he knew that new poetics are needed.
He said everything he wanted to. So he stopped.

When Rimbaud wanted to destroy himself, he had the will; when he was disillusioned with his inability, he did the most he could have done, and had stopped.
>>
rimjaub
>>
>>9475967
Great post.
>>
>>9474518
Do you read it in french? The sounds are very very important. Reading a translation of Rimbaud is almost pointless.
>>
>>9474518
As far as A Season In Hell, for me it is about crippling anxiety and the inner battle. It speaks to me directly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.