[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is your poetry writing process /lit/? any particular rituals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Hermetic_alchemy.jpg (797KB, 1264x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Hermetic_alchemy.jpg
797KB, 1264x1037px
what is your poetry writing process /lit/? any particular rituals that you have? images you see that you know you'll use later?
>>
>>9474468
I shitpost until I'm so tired, literally on the brink of sleep. I mean a 3 or 4 day shitposting binge. I mean twenty+ hours a day (currently unemployed, piss bottles) I mean fingers on the keys always. I developed enough dexterity in feet to feed myself small items...mostly walnuts due to high fat count and cal count which keeps me alive. When I feel myself on the brink of sleep I walk to a kitchen table to an empty piece of paper and my pencil and I begin. Because I cannot really think straight a single word or two comes to mind and I put it down on the paper. That is the title. Then I kind of space out and think about nothing in particular very deeply because my sleep deprivation doesn't really allow me the presence of mind to end the thought. This goes on for some time but I cannot really tell how much because I'm too tired to read the clock. Excellent and strange word combinations come to mind but the problem is these combinations always include a repeat of one of two words so only one of the combinations can really be used. Before I can write it down I feel the urge to see if anyone responded to my last shit post. The glow of the screen hurts my eyes and I close them for a second only to find I've awoken 9 hours later fully rested and only able to form the most cliche and useless expressions.
>>
File: source.gif (345KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
source.gif
345KB, 354x500px
>>
go to the library -- major library nearest to you, and look at the books with pictures in them. The adult ones I mean. yeah, there you go.
>>
File: kjhkjjkfdg.gif (378KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kjhkjjkfdg.gif
378KB, 200x200px
>>9474511
next time don't go to sleep.
>>
File: miniscule fishing vessel.png (207KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
miniscule fishing vessel.png
207KB, 800x600px
It really depends on what I'm writing, I guess.
>Stream of consciousness
vomit on the paper
>Imagery
Write a solid bit and trim out any unnecessary words that detract from the thing I'm writing about

I usually have a rule of thumb where I read at least five poems and dissect them before jumping on my own project. Really digging Eliot and Pound right now and as a result I'm trying to reproduce a Waste Land.
I guess it's also important to catch your idle thoughts in the middle of the day; never has a day gone by where don't I miss something I just farted out of my brain that I thought would be good on paper. Histories are good reading material, too--easy inspiration.
If I'm feeling sad I'll down a fifth as fast as I can and just let drunk me slam his forehead on the keyboard and check up on him in the morning. Results vary.

pic related is one of his products; gave me a few laughs.
>>
>>9474895
i like this, i do a similar thing

oftentimes when im struck by the impulse i find myself vomiting out an array of words onto paper without really knowing where its going, and over the process of days/weeks/months continually editing the original mass until it resembles something communicable and aesthetic

other times an image in word form comes to me and i record it and elaborate a tiny bit.
>>
I like to read some poetry in the morning/afternoon and analyze it, think it over, then take a walk, and by night I've usually got enough ideas to write out 5 or so poems I'm mostly pleased with
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.