/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to observe Christianity but the problem is I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1493941254001.png (134KB, 960x339px) Image search: [Google]
1493941254001.png
134KB, 960x339px
I'm trying to observe Christianity but the problem is I slipped so far down into nihilism I was a utilitarian antinatalist. Since I don't even know what it means to value life I just find myself getting frustrated with the idea of going to hell and focusing on the negative aspects of the religion. Not to mention the idea of a hell makes me want to double down on the antinatalism. What do?
>>
Have faith, a human cannot find salvation by himself, so just give up and believe in god, he will provide for you.
>>
What's the antinatalist defense against suicide? Serious question, I know the position is memed to death but I've not read much into the subject and there seems to be an obvious hypocrisy to condemning propagation while maintaining one's own life.
>>
>utilitarian antinatalist
I suggest you stop being a fucking meme first.
>>
Read the Naj Hammadi codices.
>>
It sounds narcissistic, but unironically you have to interpret the Bible as a parent fiction to centuries of analysis. The Christian literature tradition will make much more sense. Spending cognition stuck in the inconsistencies will leave you with a thoroughly unenjoyable experience.
Take note of the rhetoric, compare it to other holy texts, and don't get weirded out by hermeneutic larping.
>>9473536
>forfeit your curiosity and swallow the dogma
Please don't do this OP.
>>
>>9473555
Antinatalists don'nt necessarily believe all life is suffering and negative. It can be a probabilistic view, ie. most people's lives have more bad than good.

In which case you could be living an enjoyable life, but take the position that most likely, newborns will live lives with more suffering than happiness.
>>
File: 2e8.jpg (34KB, 680x483px) Image search: [Google]
2e8.jpg
34KB, 680x483px
>>9473574
This, please tell us that was a joke

>>9474156
pic related
>>
>>9474156
Rather than thinking about useless problems for which you will never find a real answer and that don't really even matter why not just believe in god and focus on problems that actually matter?
>>
>>9475968
Cass there is definitely no god, read the memo from Nietzsche christcuck
>>
>>9473266
True Christian spirit is only possible on the background of the void that the world is without the love of God. You're right to be this pessimistic, embrace it for as long as you feel faith is impossible.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.