[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>religious morality So If I keep doing good actions I gain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1494032843543.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494032843543.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>religious morality
So If I keep doing good actions I gain some merit which will be vouched for in the after life?
>>
In most religions with an afterlife this is the case, in others you do what the religion considers good actions out of obedience
>>
>>9471911

on the topic of religion it is for the most part a social construct of humanity; so no it does not give you an entitlement to something if you adhere to it's principles and guidelines on how to live your life

just because i believe the earth will eventually be inhabited by genetically mutated mole people who adapt to life underground by using sonar and a sense of smell, doesn't mean that dumping thousands of tons of packable soil in my yard for them to construct a dirt empire is morally justified
>>
>>9471911

Pleb tier interpretation of religion, and not /lit/.
>>
>>9471911
Most people read the thing before questioning the thing
>>
>>9472356
>most
Most people don't question.
>>
>>9471911
The book of Job is for you.
>>
>>9471911
What book is this about?
>>
>>9472419
Job is about reward in the current life, it doesn't mention the afterlife.
>>
The boulder is there because it is.

Get on pushing.
>>
>>9471911
Look, just don't masturbate, have gay sex, or have sex outside of marriage, and make sure to work towards the legal imposition of religious sexual norms in society. That's good enough.
>>
>>9471911
No. You cannot nickel and dime God into beaming you up into heaven. Man is mired in sin from the moment of conception and cannot be made pure, save by the Grace of God at the moment of the resurrection. All you can do is keep the sacraments and repent, hoping against hope that God will have mercy on you though you don't deserve it.
>>
Depends. Catholics would say yes. Protestants would say no.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.