[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have several large boxes of books in my house that I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: emma.jpg (427KB, 1480x2000px) Image search: [Google]
emma.jpg
427KB, 1480x2000px
I have several large boxes of books in my house that I want to donate. They're mostly books that I've outgrown - lot of decent children's fiction, like Philip Pullman, Anthony Horowitz, the Edge Chronicles, the Mortal Engines series, etc. I'm also giving away a couple of adult books that I'm never going to read (Robert Ludlum and the like)

The question is: should I give them to my local charity bookshop OR my local library? Who will appreciate them more?
>>
The library won't take them so give them to charity.
>>
>>9469198
Why won't they take them? They have a big children's section
>>
>>9469198
this
>>
>>9469202
most don't take used books
>>
Library's tend to take the bare minimum of government approved dreck to keep the population barely literate. (Just look at me - I didn't even spell "Libraries" right.)

The staff probably won't want to take the time to plastic-bind your books. Having said that your books are better off in a library if you can get them there so it's worth a try.

As for the charity shop, it depends where you live. I usually drive several towns over to donate the books I read because I know they won't be picked up in my local charity shop. If you live in a high-income area and have a good charity book shop then they won't be wasted there
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.