[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the antagonist changes his mind because he's too terrified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

>the antagonist changes his mind because he's too terrified about the idea that nobody will attend his funeral
>giving a shit about what others think

Dickens's standpoint is basically right, but isn't it a bit shallow reasoning? No thinking man would accept this as an argument to change your behaviour. Hell, throw me into a dumpster when I die, I don't care.
>>
It's more than that, it's both that, the fear of that death itself, fear of the unfulfilling life up to that point and extreme regret caused by the inevitable death of Tiny Tim should he not change his mind
>>
>>9468656
That story has four "spectres" in it. What do you expect from such spookines?
>>
File: sunny702-17.jpg (123KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sunny702-17.jpg
123KB, 800x450px
>>9468656
>throw me into a dumpster when I die, I don't care
If I was dead you could bang me all you want. I mean, who cares? A dead body is like a piece of trash. I mean, shove as much shit in there as you want. Fill me up with cream, make a stew out of my ass. What's the big deal?
>>
>>9468656
I think he's more terrified that he'll end up like Marley and the other miserly ghosts. People not going to his funeral is just indicative of that fate.
>>
>>9468656
>the antagonist changes his mind because he's too terrified about the idea that nobody will attend his funeral

No, he changes his mind as he fears his actions will only have harmful and negative consequences.
>>
>>9468656

Dickens was Disney before Disney was a thing. He was responsible for creating thousands of special snowflakes like how Walt was responsible for creating shallow, narcissistic stuck up princess wannabes today.
>>
>>9468656
Both Dicken's and the cultural time in which he lived in believed in the success of ethics and a spiritual society unified by virtous action. Maybe your interpretation is just to edgy nihilist.
>>
File: Reader-is-sexy02.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Reader-is-sexy02.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>9468656
Different time period when things like that mattered. You can't really project that mentality into today's society, where you judge your self-worth by how many likes you get on bookface.
>>
It's actually more about seeing Belle and her new family that makes him remember. The good was always inside him and the ghosts merely help him remember things he has the capacity to feel. Once he remembers them he wants to change. Remember he was already prepared to change after the second ghost and was desperate to save Tiny Tim. He goes along with the last ghost only because he is obliged to. The last ghost is just a reminder to him that time is running out, that all will die and when his time comes, would it have all been worth it?
>>
>>9471757
>'Because I was a soul in pain,\My pain I could not feel.'
This is perceptive, but A Christmas Carol is an incredible work of symbolic art that rarely receives its due because most make up their minds about Dickens before actually reading him. For one instance (of many)- Anyone notice that the fate of Scrooge is entirely bound up in the fate of Tiny Tim, i.e. that they either live or die together? And, what is it about Tiny Tim that draws Scrooge's exclusive notice? Etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.