[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realize the most beautiful art is only borne from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 24

File: feel shower.jpg (189KB, 1179x742px) Image search: [Google]
feel shower.jpg
189KB, 1179x742px
>yfw you realize the most beautiful art is only borne from the greatest of struggles and you've never faced real hardship in your entire life
>>
So get out of your comfort zone and find struggles? Go be homeless. Backpack somewhere. Take a risk.
>>
>>9466066
Join the infantry, faggot.
>>
>when people who haven't experienced a lot of art have 'deep' thoughts about art
>>
>>9466529
And get stabbed by a nigger?
>>
>yfw you lack a motive to leave your comfort zone for youve grown comfortable of a sedentary life in which no real growth takes place
>ywn accomplish anything of great significance and will be doomed to live out a life of mediocrity
>>
You already face the hardship of being a mediocre failure, if this is not enough then you would never make it no matter the hardship.
>>
>>9466066
It's the winter time of Faustian civilization, fag. No more great art can or will be made, STOP trying. Focus on politics, law, and technics instead.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>yfw you realize the globalist liberal agenda is eliminating human suffering and discomfort in order to make our art bland and boring
>>
>>9466066
>idolising art this much
Never gonna make it, lad.
>>
File: horrible reality.png (73KB, 159x187px) Image search: [Google]
horrible reality.png
73KB, 159x187px
>>9466545
jesus christ, this
I want to break the cycle but I don't know how/don't think I can
>>
>>9466644
In the same spot too, lads.
Gf of two years wants us to live together and I refused because I don't want to sacrifice myself to something else. I just want to have total freedom and read all day long and shit, and not do anything with anyone.
Not sure what's gonna happen. Probably gonna suffer for the rest of my life because of it, but fuck it.
>>
>>9466066
>Write a book about some guy staying in bed all day doing nothing
>It gets hailed as one of the best books of the Russian canon
>>
>>9466534
This.
>>
>>9466661
kek
>>
>>9466651
Live with her, have a bad coexistence, write
>>
>>9466537
This. I love you.
>>
>>9466537
>when people who haven't experienced a lot of art have deep thoughts about 'art'
ftfy
>>
>>9466560
What is the motivation behind the "globalist liberal agenda"? Why do these people behave the way they do?
>>
>>9466726
What part of in order to do you not understand? What anon wrote might be dumb, but also straightforward.
>>
>>9466639
What else is there to idolize? God is dead.
>>
File: wa.jpg (35KB, 584x405px) Image search: [Google]
wa.jpg
35KB, 584x405px
>>9466738
slave morality, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>9466726
Cancerous poltard conspiracy
>>
>>9466544
>complains about life not being a struggle
>"Go out and find struggle"
>"waaaaaaaaahh that's too much struggle for me"

>>9466557
Spengler was wrong

>>9466744
Nietzsche was a fruitcake
>>
>>9466754
What art do you idolize, anon?
>>
What hardships did Tolstoy experience?

He was a pampered rich kid and yet is the greatest writer of all time.
>>
>>9466066
Speaking as a guy who's spent his entire life in misery and hardships I can tell you that it's not special, just shit.

I'm a fucking nervous wreck thanks to that shit and I don't have any hope of ever managing a normal life
I'm constantly on guard and defensive, and a lifetime spent around junkies and criminals made me distrust every person I've ever met

I literally don't have a person in the world that I would trust to help me if I needed it.
>>
>>9466789
>greatest writer of all time.

he was a heretic with graphomania
>>
>>9466738
Your god, maybe.
>>
File: 1467695045034.jpg (114KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
1467695045034.jpg
114KB, 682x682px
>>9466066

Fuck that dude. You have been cucked by the fake ass academic world.

Here is the real illumination.

>yfw you realize "art" in itself is a meaningless abstract term that has no real value other than to sell things to people. "art" is just a description applied to the more general concept of entertainment. Entertainment is something many animals need and seek in everyday life when they aren't looking for food and shelter. You now realize "art" only exists to create an artificial environment for the human mind on a piece of entertainment. It is a form of entertainment upon the standard piece of entertainment itself. Why is this realization important? Because it shows just how pretentious we are as a species, and it's time to open your mind and let go. It's all subjective, and the only thing you can truly do that comes from within is to know what you like and be fine with it. Create what you know, create what you love, create what you think will entertain yourself, and don't give a fuck about this "Art" game. It's all a game, it's for museums and colleges and merchandisers.
>>
>>9466066
>>yfw you realize the most beautiful art is only borne from the greatest of struggles and you've never faced real hardship in your entire life

most "great" which is to say critically acclaimed and economically successful art is done by academic pricks from elite schools, don't let those douchebags trick you into think they ever struggled lol
>>
>>9466744
Reminder Nietzsche was a total hack who hadn't the slightest idea about psychology.
Maybe that's why he became a vegetable.
LOL!
>>
>>9467690
Haha reddit
>>
Nearly everyone in modern society has struggled infinitely more than anyone pre-1900s
>>
>>9466066
I always doubt this because I've often received praised for my creative efforts (though mostly by people with fairly average standards), but then I look back and attempt to approach my own life from a life of less suffering and certainly notice a few uncommon flash points.

Namely being falsely accused of strangling a girl in 3rd grade and suffering the consequences, but also there was that time my DnD group I was running faced a group schism that lead to a suicide attempt by one of the former members. There's also some general divorced parent's based anxiety but that's far from uncommon.
>>
>>9466066
Attempt suicide, fail. Never tell anyone. Rinse and repeat.
There.
>>
>>9467787
Emotionally yes, physically not so much. Air conditioning alone helps the modern man transcend even the kings of old regarding comfort. The only downside is that you can't later fuck the child that fans you off with an air conditioner.
>>
>>9466066
Older dude here... Beautiful art is sometimes borne from struggles, but usually from moderate ones. What "the greatest of struggles" tend to do, is they tend to maim and kill people. Hardship is a meme. If you experience more of it, you will realize that there's nothing positive about it. Try to learn from others' mistakes, rather than insisting on learning by repeating them.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (6KB, 92x121px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
6KB, 92x121px
Start pursuing struggle.
>>
>>9468140
Nietzsche would've killed himself if he lived in modern times.
>>
File: 1478618471098.jpg (35KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471098.jpg
35KB, 300x360px
>>9466066

>tfw the most beautiful art came from people born into privileged backgrounds and fancy educations and you're a mediocore middle-class suburban kid
>>
>>9466066
Not only is it struggle (or "real" hardship), but also general experience. Go learn a new hobby, visit a new place, talk to a stranger in a bar. All of these things will help your art.
>>
>>9467690
that's reasonable
>>
>>9466066
>addicted to Heroin for 7 years
>homeless for 2
>in various drug houses otherwise
>2 suicide attemps
>18 days in mental hospital
>had sex with gf in front of creepy men for cash
>many stories
>tfw too scared to try publishing them because my mom might read it

I don't recommend "seeking out struggle", just use your fucking imagination.
>>
>>9468150
No it wont
>>
>tfw you have legit suffered colossal pain but since depression and other mental issues aren't a "real world hardship" your struggle is not worth shit and all of it goes away when pills fix'd you up
>>9466529
>tfw this path would only mess up the fragile chemical equilibrium on which you relay on making you go full nuts and commiting suicide before you can actually even pick up a pen
>tfw the path to stop being weak would just kill you since you are weak
just gas me, famalams
>>
>>9468159
>telling sob story
>oh btw my gf

fuck off normie, on one cares
>>
>>9468144
>tfw stronger than Nietzsche
>>
>>9468144
Why would he?
>>
File: 1493622620225.jpg (110KB, 450x608px) Image search: [Google]
1493622620225.jpg
110KB, 450x608px
Why is /lit/ so naive?

youtu.be/kfv2DMa9g_M?t=36s
>>
>>9466560
And by culling us
>>
>>9468171
>>9468181
He probably wouldn't, but I got an nice dose of pleasure from writing that.
>>
>>9466066
A lot of beautiful art was made by pampered neets, you're just a boring normie without any life experience or artistic merit. Even if you were to to something like >>9466529 you'll just manage to come across a basic bitch who just had their first small taste of life. You're never gonna make it kid.
>>
>>9468168
>not realizing that sitting in front of a computer for your entire life makes you the normie in today's society

Wew
>>
>>9468196
are you 12?
>>
if suffering makes great art why are prisoner art exhibits always so shitty
>>
>>9466789
Battle?
A deep enough empathy for others that their pain became his own.
An actual fear of Hell.

I'm not a fan of his philosophy, but the man lived less pampered than present day lower middle class kids do. Modernity has made life cushy and we've been isolated from experiencing the pain of other lives from an early stage.

Next example, please....
>>
>>9468181
Because the world will be nuked before the overman is born
We have failed to protect the strong from the weak
>>
File: fregg.jpg (22KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
22KB, 446x362px
>it's the "r9k romanticize their ineptitude and think that is somehow makes them special" chapter again

How dull
>>
>>9468210
>there are people here that legitimately believe this
>>
>>9468217
This makes no sense. Is it a meme?
>>
>>9468228
yeah, is all yours
>>
>>9468229
So you didn't mean what you wrote?
>>
>>9468232
If I said yes or no, would it mean anything? I could always be laying, the answer is withing yourself
I'm not the guy who posted that meme, neither the second reply, unless you choose to belive it was actually me who posted all of them, hell, maybe I've made every single post ITT except from yours with some internet tricks
>>
>>9468226
>do all day what literally everyone else is doing but with a little more irony
>But Muh furries and trannies! I can't be a normie because I'm le autistic and so so weird!
>no life experience
>virgin
>reddit

Go back, friendo, you're out of your element.
>>
>>9468259
>autism
>>
>>9468271
>white trash junkie comes on 4chan looking for sympathy for his shitty life choices
>you're all normies, i'm special because i got hooked on heroin!
>fuck u dudes

fuck off normie
>>
>>9468274
ebin
>>
File: .png (252KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
.png
252KB, 500x333px
>>9468217
>Because the world will be nuked before the overman is born
>>
File: IMG_1847.jpg (120KB, 772x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1847.jpg
120KB, 772x605px
>>9468221
>it's the "poster on an image board notorious for fostering the rejects of society mocks the other rejects he spends so much of his time with and in generic fashion too" chapter

How dull
>>
>>9466066

Make art of your differently sized nipples, that seems like a struggle alright.
>>
>>9468290
He never said that, only shared his story.
Your post is full of ideology, you should be ashamed, anon.
>>
>>9468290
I never asked for sympathy and I don't think I'm special for having been addicted to one of the most prominent drugs in America right now, like every other middle class pussy white kid with self-diagnosed mental issues and a self-destructive personality. Not everyone needs acceptance as bad as you do. This thread is about struggle, and idiots who have never been through anything worse than, say, their parents fighting in front of them or their computer crashing halfway through a raid are telling others to go "find struggle", which is absolutely ridiculous, so I thought I'd share, you know, a real experience. My life is comfy as fuck now, sympathy is the last thing I need. You call it a sob story, but you're either projecting or the most dense motherfucker on the planet, because there's nothing sad about having gone through something and pulling yourself out. In fact, most of the time, being a junkie was fun. It's the stopping that's hell. I regret very little, other than ruining my relationship with many friends and family members. The whole point was that some of that shit is embarrassing, and if I want to write about it I'll have to share it with others, which isn't necessarily something I'm prepared to do.
>>
>>9468346
woah we didnt' ask for your life story faggot, save it for your 12-step meeting
>>
>>9468363
>life story
>one small paragraph
Maybe yours, normie
>>
>>9468363
Get off the web, normie, if you can manage it.
>>
File: xsyond0yqury.jpg (47KB, 750x698px) Image search: [Google]
xsyond0yqury.jpg
47KB, 750x698px
>>9466066
You are deluded if you think that there are no struggles to be had in a normal human life, even if we only talk about general things like mortality.

Art is born out of the motivation to do art, and there is little to be found nowadays. The memes have taken over.
>>
>>9468216
So he suffered because he lived in the past? Ok there Solomon.
>>
>>9466066
Good excuses for being a talentless hack.
>>
>>9468363
disgustingly idiotic
>>
The highest production in arts comes from naturally talented artists. There are plenty of excellent authors who had a calm existence however there's no need to join the army, you wouldn't be Arthur Rimbaud even through a civil war.
>>
>>9466066
I faced a lot of brutal hardships in my life and cannot draw for shit, let alone write anything of artistic value.
Say, Satan dubs, am I doing something wrong? I think the only thing of artistic value will be my suicide, but I think I'd even be too lazy for commiting suicide in a deep or creative way.
>>
>>9467663
Yeah, it's kinda cruel to use this guy as an example, but if you idolize suffering without having suffered much in your life yourself you're liable to become a dumbass and even more of an annoyingly pretentious pampered person. There are a lot of sheltered intellectuals who seem to take a joy in calling other people sheltered, saying how suffering is necessary for self-actualization, etc., and they never seemed to suffer a day in their life besides running out of soda or something.

Just be humble and glad you're not suffering miserably, hell, even have guilt/shame that your lifestyle is based on the suffering and starvation of millions of innocent African children and poverty in your own coutnry that's institutionalized so other people can live wealthier lives, people who literally don't have food, etc., but don't be so vain about it that you decide to seek suffering, because the people who suffer don't idealize suffering and instead wish they could have your life. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>9468346
What a Reddit life you lived.
>>
>>9468217
>implying the ubermensch can be human
>>
>>9466066
nah mane it ain't go like dat
it do not matter how much shit you gone through in your life mane. most people who suffer cant do art for shit. its about sensitivity and shit you know. its about getting something else from what people normally live, u digg? like proust didn't ever do shit and he wrote the best book for the modern man. you wouldnt be able to do anything of literary worth even if you lived 20 times what proust lived
>>
>>9466651
don't be a coward
there's your fight right there, you can fight with yourself to overcome your desire for total, fruitless isolation
>>
File: BladeRunnerTears.jpg (27KB, 258x193px) Image search: [Google]
BladeRunnerTears.jpg
27KB, 258x193px
if only you fags could experience my loneliness
>>
>>9468159
You sound retarded...
>>
>>9469255
kill yourself
>>
>>9467690
Man, that would make for a dope cover for an emo band.
>>
>>9466529
You don't understand anon.
You must imagine the showering man happy.
>>
>>9469333
You don't have a clue on what artistic creation is, I see
>>
File: 6d7.jpg (11KB, 197x225px) Image search: [Google]
6d7.jpg
11KB, 197x225px
>>9466560
>tfw i come back and people don't realize this post is satire
>>
>>9466066
The top most renowned artists had no significant struggle.
>>
>>9468159
theres a difference between struggle and being a hopeless drug whore cockroach
>>
>>9466066
can we please stop this meme?
>>
File: 1492376508473.jpg (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492376508473.jpg
14KB, 400x225px
>>9466545
>>
>>9469272
i also forgot to mention that her political views are annoying me and that I don't want that either
>>
Name 5 great artists who were legitimately poor.

Yeah, you can't.
>>
>>9470846
GG Allin
>>
A good example of someone who seemingly sought after or created their own struggles, then distilled it into good writing is Hemingway. He took it too far if ya ask me, that business of him intentionally using his head to escape from crashed aircraft seems suspect.
>>
>>9471218
>Hemingway
>good
>>
>>9469750
What is satiric about it idiot. Both Hegel and Marx said art is dead because of the liberal capitalists. Marx being OK with this though.
>>
>>9468144
Nietzsche is dead??
>>
File: IMAG010 (16).jpg (196KB, 1201x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG010 (16).jpg
196KB, 1201x702px
Most of my life experiences would not add to my creative output. My characters are unique, view their world from their individualized perspectives, and react to situations based on their own personalities and the pasts that shaped them. In my writing,I set up situations and imagine what these personalities would say and behave in facing them.

In this example strip,the two characters are old teammates of a guerilla warfare troop that toured the lands where anthromorphs were enslaved as minstrels and carrying out terrorism to free their people. Ten years after the civil war achieved its goal,and lingering resentments still have hold on some people of both sides of the conflict. That being said,their conversation might make sense to the reader,but later strips will be opportunities for revealing more history. And so the Canon is forged.
>>
>>9471544
This shit is ugly and unreadable.
>>
>>9467690
>"Everything's subjective, man"

How is first year uni going for you?
>>
>>9466066
this is prefresher mentality desu
>>
>>9471359
>being contrarian
>>
File: 1465881374012.png (695KB, 550x734px) Image search: [Google]
1465881374012.png
695KB, 550x734px
>>9471673

What's it like to immediately derive some form of baseless inner superiority for yourself in the face of something that challenges the way you view the world? By all means if you have the counterpoints to my opinions go ahead, I am listening. If you don't, you need some serious personal evaluation of your insecurity.
>>
>>9470846
Joyce.
>>
>>9470846
bukowski
>>
>>9472067
he said "great" and "artist" tho, not someone who shat out another freeverse scrawlturd about liquor and whores every time he needed to pay rent
>>
File: great thread.jpg (177KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
great thread.jpg
177KB, 1600x1066px
These back and forths are unexpectedly witty
>>
>>9470846
funny bait
>>
>>9468159
kill yourself but do it right this time you degenerate chad normie
>>
>>9472084

If you don't think bukowski was a great writer you are delusional. Not everything has to be in your paradigm of european academic derived horseshit that has nothing to do with the way life is now. He wrote honestly and their is an ugly beauty to it.
>>
>>9472092

Is there a Lolita for bestiality?
>>
>>9468346
you sound like a major fag.

like tommy bahama shirts and goes to hooters with your mid thirties bros and gets drunk and embarrasses himself without ever realizing it and sucks off homeless people and pretends their stories are his because he would prefer it that way fag
>>
>>9472114
guess how you sound
>>
>>9472107
1. he has no style of his own just a dumbed down henry miller or WC Fields

his style is like if the entire beat generation could somehow manifest itself in in a fat pollack crybaby who somehow was even more talent-less and basicthan them.
>DUDE LIQUOR AND WHORES ARE COOL AND I HATE PAYING RENT LMAO I"M SUCH A TOUGHGUY ON THE OUTSIDE BUT INSIDE I"M LIKE A BIRD LMAO

2 he never evolved past this childish alcohol fetish. his style shows no attempt at introspection or grasp of any theme other than the obvious hedonism. he is literally like every dude who tweets "3:00 am and I gotta be at work in 3 hours, fuck it about to pour another shot #party"

if he were alive today that would probably be a line in one of his """""poems""""""

3. your opinion is trash and you are from reddit
>>
>>9466066
>yfw life itself is beautiful enough to make obsolete the arbitrary aesthetic parlour tricks of 'art'.
>>
>>9472126
how?
>>
File: father2.jpg (49KB, 395x600px) Image search: [Google]
father2.jpg
49KB, 395x600px
>>9467690
But you're also implying beauty is subjective.
Contrary to that, I think humans have a common underlying understanding of beauty and common preferences - even it evolved (in the biologocal sense)
>>
>>9468159
how about you tell me one of these stories, presuming it sounds good and not like a fat loser LARPing on a thai dog walking forum I'll give you my thoughts
>>
>>9472107
Go share quotes on FB.
>>
>>9472144
Thanks but no, you can keep your thoughts.
>>
>>9472139

delete this
>>
>>9472139

We may all have variations of a common understanding of what "beauty" is, but that doesn't mean what "beauty" is always applies to the same things in everyones lives. Someone who is really fucked up could think fucking a cow with a plunger is beautiful, in the same sense of beauty someone else would see in a flower.

Despite this, I am not talking of beauty I am talking of art as a word. When you generalize everybody's opinion on what art actually is, it seems to boil down to a synonym for "stuff someone or something made". Except to call something ~Art~ is to put that thing on a pedestal. If we can't all agree on what art actually defines that it's definition starts to become pointless. Why then do we not analyze the fundamental reasons for even using this word in the first place? The way I see things, I view everything people do that isn't involved pure survival as a form of entertaining the brain. Thinking, loving, learning, creating, experiencing, etc, these all take place in the brain, the brain needs activities to keep functioning.

Defining if something is art or not is just another form of these games humans like to play. And when something is agreed as "art" then they can play all sorts of new games discussing it and arguing about it and so on. The "artform". This game turns into an industry of commodities, it's about money, people pay money for stuff to entertain themselves and that stuff has been approved of as "art" then this tickles the extra fancies of some people and makes even more money.

I think if you are a creator and you honestly look at what you do as ultimately just another form of entertainment, no matter how high-brow or low-brow it is, then you become much more free. Who cares if it's fucking art or not? If someone thinks it's art, that's fine for them, if it's not true art, then fuck em, someone else out there might enjoy it.
>>
>>9472245
Sure, to see some beauty in math, for example, you gotta do some math first. Not every "sense" is like the musical one.

But the "beauty in fucking a cow" example is useless, because to produce art that's appreciated as beautiful, you don't need to please every deviant individual.
Now let me read the rest of your post.
>>
> If we can't all agree on what art actually defines that it's definition starts to become pointless.
There seem to be some typos, but if you're trying to say that we need not discuss things that aren't properly defined, then you're wrong.
You can't pin down "Liberty" either.

And I don't think many animals need entertainment, like you say in the first post.
Young cats and dogs are playful to give them a time where their experience and learn things, but old animals don't waste energy - unless they are trained by their owners to display that behavior, it being rewarded (because the owner wants to be entertained by his animal)
>>
>>9472114
Nah I just shot dope and read books, except I slept outside sometimes.
>>
>>9472103
Homeless Heroin addicts are normies. Okay then.
>>
>>9472107
>ugly beauty

don't
>>
File: peas.jpg (917KB, 2000x1819px) Image search: [Google]
peas.jpg
917KB, 2000x1819px
>Who cares if it's fucking art or not?
People who lack meaning.

Note that I'm not at all saying that there isn't a "this is art"-game, the fine bourgeois endeavour.

And if you want to say "art" is just a level of "entertainment", then so be it - but that doesn't mean we should disregard the concept. It's like Formula 1 in racing general then, no?

You're current ideology is to apply dry rationality to everything, but you'll grow out of this (or become extremely frustrated at one point).

Don't you hope there is more to live than that?
>>
>>9470846
chopin
debussy
van gogh
Dylan Thomas
Paul Verlaine
>>
>>9472051
The fact that everything is subjective doesn't make taste meaningless - if anything it makes it more interesting when correlations occur. The "everything is subjective" sighing is a perfect example of sophomore thinking - great art will continue to be made and we will continue to attempt to classify what makes it so.
>>
File: 1465782687477.jpg (117KB, 470x780px) Image search: [Google]
1465782687477.jpg
117KB, 470x780px
>>9472402

Except to apply this ideology is to free yourself from the socio-environmental restrictions that limit the way your brain can function creativity, "dry rationality" as you call it is not as dry as you might think, it's the realization of the grander perspectives we have subconciously filtered out of our lives because of our warped way of perceiving things. Well I shouldn't say completely "warped" I just lack a better term because I am fucking drowzy, but I think it's true to say human beings fall into many traps of being unable to become self-aware of the things they are doing and why they think certain ways. Do not take me as a total cynic or a fatalist because my opinions are oriented towards positive thinking. There is nothing inherently wrong with the shit we do, but what I am telling OP here is he needs to start thinking from a taller perspective, this seems to be a symptom of someone who has become the victim of his social environment and his perceived importance of "good art". My ultimate answer is struggle might make "good art" but why just focus your life struggle and not your entire experience as a human being instead? The experience of living in the universe as a human being is SO much more than just struggle and hardship, sure it's a big part of it but you aren't being honest with yourself if you think the most beautiful things born in life are born from struggle. Struggle is a state of mind.

I am probably just rambling, im sore as shit and tired and I quit my job and I tell you "struggle" hasn't helped my thoughts at all, it's probably been worse for me than anything I can think of except drugs and alchohol.
>>
>>9470833
Idk, maybe you should reconsider your political views, or at least let her challenge them, and you od the same, within the limits of reason. If she decides tp be a retard and don't chaƱlenge her own point of view, even though you do the same, take that as an opportunity to gain patience for a while, and if she doesn't change, dump her, unless, of course, she has other very worthy qualities. Honestly, nothing good comes from being with people like that.
>>
>>9472113
Not yet to my knowledge, I'd love to read the part about the animal being surprisingly skilled.
>>
>>9471359
Why isn't he considered good in your book? His stories might not have much but the way he strings together words is very satisfying to read. I'll assume you're just trying to go against the grain
>>
>>9466066
http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/resilience-eric-greitens/1119887801

Your welcome OP
>>
>>9466066
Tfw you experience hardship yet don't know how to make it art so you keep that shit yourself and try to make your life better
>>
>>9466066
Existence is hardship enough. My inner struggles far outweigh those of petty material.
>>
>>9466534
>entitled welfare queens leeching off of society
you'll get fit (assuming the given military is competent) and be bored, that's about it
>>
>>9466066
I was abandoned by my parents as a kid and homeless for my teens and early twenties and i've eaten more dumpster pizza than I care to admit and I've done more drugs than any of you. I've met more sociopaths, narcissists, addicts, pimps, rapists, and all kinds of other parasites than I wish I ever had, and I have no friends anymore because I finally got away from all that in my mid-twenties and don't know how to socialize with people without just exuding cynicism and destroying their optimism about the world in which we live.

While i've read more than anyone else I know from a broader range of subjects, I've never created shit. Sorry, OP, but i'm pretty sure the world isn't so poetic as you picture it. Creating memorable works just means taking the right shit in the right place and the right person stepping in it. Take justin beiber for example.
>>
>>9471366
i made the post to satirically potray you
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11KB, 569x52px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11KB, 569x52px
>>9474856
It's just people talking about fanfiction and ERP.
>>
How can I create conflict within and around myself without being consumed by resentment and cowardice? It is safer to do nothing, and so I don't
>>
>>9466066

>tfw you realize that muh struggle = art is the dumbest meme on this board

>being THIS insecure about your economic class
>>
>>9472287
In Search Of Lost Time won't be beautiful for an afghan goat shepherd
>>
hello
>>
>>9472092
Aww, look at those shit-stained hind legs.
>>
>>9466644
I was drunk for the past 6 years or so, depressed for the last 2. finally went to a psychiatrist, got put on wellbutrin and now I'm happy and don't drink.

try it maybe, if you havent.
>>
>>9475183
>greatest of struggles = economic difficulties.

The greatest struggles are spiritual and moral, not material.
>>
>>9467787
If this was said on /his/ those people would flip the fuck out. Fuck, I hate that board.
>>
>>9466661
>>9466665
Help a nigga out, which work are you referring to?
>>
>>9468334
Your glass house is well furnished. You should attempt to
create instead of perpetuate what you hate.
>>
>>9476842
oblomov
>>
File: 1396221588437.jpg (1015KB, 1500x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1396221588437.jpg
1015KB, 1500x1324px
>>9467690
Wrong.
The problem is that the word 'art' is thrown around far too easily in this postpostpostpostmodern age where everything and anything is 'art'
What is necessary is a substantiated definition of what art actually is, but of course I doubt there will be a unanimously agreed upon definition (short of some kind of all-powerful entity enforcing it), partly because people will inevitably get insulted and insecure when something they like is suddenly not considered to be art, as under such an inevitably rigourous definition, very little would actually qualify as art (which is for the better, imo
So the next best thing is to have a personal definition of what art is that you are not afraid to adhere by, even if it hurts your self-worth
Not everyone is capable of that, of course, and people will adapt definitions that are convenient to themselves. Though with this again comes a lack of universality and brings us back to everything being considered 'art'
There's no winning, really
Fuck
>>
>>9477024
Forgot to add, under such a definition of art for instance, entertainment would never be considered art. neither would propaganda
just an example, but these are things that would be fundamentally separated from art
>>
>>9466726
To destroy cultural/ethnic/national identities, which makes its easier to create a one world government.
>>
>>9477038
>which makes its easier to create a one world government
please explain
>>
>>9471544

you're lucky that you're 14, because there's plenty of time for you to improve.

you're trying to cram way too much information into each panel (both visually and verbally) and you seem to have no idea how to make the information flow so a reader can follow it. in short, no matter how in-depth your character development is, it is squandered in the abysmally cramped telling. It's like listening to someone with ADD and a stutter trying to tell a joke. No matter how well he understands humor, it doesn't matter if he can't tell the joke.

show, don't tell. make some panels with little-
to-no dialog, some contrast, and a strong line rather than this indistinguishable, sketchy, dark wordfest. some sweeping splash panels. real estate--both paper and digital--is cheap as fuck. spread it out.

Then again, I expect nothing but fail from a furfag, anyhow.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.