[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a long time I've had this autistic "fan fiction-tier"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (18KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 268x188px
For a long time I've had this autistic "fan fiction-tier" story in my head, and for some reason I can't explain, I feel like it has to be written in physical form. I might not ever share it or even keep it after it's done, but I feel like it will keep festering in my imagination until it's been organized.

I was wondering if anyone here ever had that same compulsion at some point. Did you ever have an urge to "rewrite" any of the goofy stories you thought up when you were younger?

Tell me about them. Let your inner autist soar!
>>
>>9466024
Yeah I write parts of it on the way to University on the bus.
>>
>>9466067
Really? What's it about? I'm interested to hear about what sort of stuff people are writing about. I'm hesitant to share my own idea, for some reason.

I guess one of the biggest things that got me interested in writing something like this is that a couple weekends ago, I saw a friend of mine reading some stuff off FictionPress. I said that I didn't know people actually read that stuff, and a bunch of my other buddies all claimed that they did too on occasion.

They said that they liked how uninhibited and "retarded" it can get at times.
>>
I have written huge amounts of My Little Pony fanfiction.
>>
>>9466100
What sort of plots do you actually come up with for that sort of thing?

I don't think I could write any actual "fan fiction" because you have to have a pretty comfortable knowledge with the work that you're basing it off of. I can't think of any sort of series that I'm that familiar with.

I kind of like the idea of writing something that's a "generic" version of something, though. Like my stories are about a knock-off Shonen Martial-arts(ish) character that escapes slavery and becomes a space pirate.
>>
>>9466087
basically about a quite overpowered man set in the modern day. 6 foot 3 tall. He leads a revolution and takes over power. He's faster then eyesight when he tries and has a really neat sword and scabbard, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U03BLPRIroY

sort of like this, can launch it out at ridiculous speeds then catch it. Has a trusted right hand woman who is 6.5, great backstory there, he saves her when she's young and tell her to join the army and that he'll come collect her when she is older.

Rebellion era he is known as The Voice (of the people) has a small <1000 band and isn't viewed as a huge threat by the authorities.

Eventually launches a coup, (he met the head of the army earlier and promised him how he would make the army great again and replace the currently shit government, doesn't need his participation) when the coup happens he arrests all the members of parliament and puts them in the cells, army is told to stand down from the head of the army. He promises that he will peacefully hold election in one years time and will step down if he isn't elected, uses hostages as a way to ensure he get's his year. has lots of sympathisers among the population because he's been doing robin hood type shit and cleaning up the streets. (which are overrun by violent gangs) still his popularity is only maybe 20% would plan to vote for him at the start
>>
>>9466111
Oh, some of them are generic adventure plots. The two large stories I've written borrow a lot from Tolkien, specifically Tolkien with his legendarium and his themes of faith and providence.

There's a degree to which, in both my fiction and my fanfiction, my stories are shaped by my characters. I like to think I know the six main characters of MLP pretty well, so sometimes I'm able to get a lot of mileage out of just putting them in scenarios and plotting out how they'll respond.
>>
>>9466117
1:42 for that youtube clip btw
>>
All of my ideas seem great until I start writing them and I realize my writing style is worse than most of these fan fiction authors. I don't know how writers think up all of these scenes and conversations to fill the pages, I can only write a short story because I go from one important event to another until the plot resolves and I've only written 10000 words.

As far as plots go most of them are like Hollywood action B-movies from the 80s mixed in with anime. Imagine Chuck Norris a la "Missing in Action" and some cute anime schoolgirl as the love interest who he has to rescue from a warlord in the jungle.
>>
>>9466117
This sounds like something I could enjoy. Do you follow him through his journey on becoming OP af?

>>9466119
I'd imagine it wouldn't be half bad, depending on the writing style and how well you knew your characters. I'm not in to MLP, myself. But it sounds like a good time for anyone who would be into that sort of thing.

One thing that I've found really interesting is reading fan fiction of stuff that I know nothing about. There was this Bionicles fan fiction that I was Co.pletely engrossed in despite knowing nothing about the setting aside from them being Lego robot things. I imagined the characters as these weird humanoid, alien things instead and enjoyed it all the same. Maybe even more!
>>
I don't know how you come up with plots to write about.
>>
I had this angelology/demonology thing going on when I was younger. Then when I read Milton in college I realized that shit had already been done and mastered in a way that I could never do and even if I tried it would just be seen as derivitive

I was a lot more imaginative when I was younger but unable to express myself. Now I'm able to express myself to an extent but a lot less imaginative.
>>
>>9466125
Implying that wouldn't be badass as fuck.

Just throwing this fact out there, the longest piece of English literature in history is a fan fiction series called Deep Space Emissary's Conquest. It was 4 million words, last time it was checked, and that doesn't include the prequels and side-plot chapters.
>>
>>9466134
Do you feel like you were stopped by how it would be received by others?

It's weird because I'm normally the same way about things that I write. I will start to write something and realize just as I begin that it's already been done, or it's exactly like something else, but with a minor twist.

I feel like taking on this sort of thing and saying "fuck it" to what people would think has sort of rekindled a bit of my imagination. Mind you, it's being used on something silly.
>>
>>9466128
No when the story stats he's already 18 and has his powers, not skilled with weapons at all though. Basically he has a mana pool or whatever you want to call it that starts at 100%, without it he is just a normal human but he can use it to basically do anything but enhancing his speed and strength is highly energy efficient compared to launching fireballs or whatever. However he doesn't usually go all out because he keeps around 20% as a backup incase a bomb goes off directly ontop of him or something like that. and he has to save some for various other reasons. right now he's building an elite bodyguard, like SAS selections or something but the failure's become special forces. By using a large amount of energy he enchances the chosen people who are already at or near the peak of human potential so that they are say 30% faster than the regular human or whatever but it takes lots out of him so he is only doing it for the elite bodyguard. Right now there are 4+himself+the girl. planning to be a total of 10. (4 more)
>>
>>9466147
So, in a way, you're writing this out like a sort of single player role playing game. You're keeping an eye on your character's stats, and making logical decisions based on the parameters of your setting.

That's kind of cool.
>>
>>9466163
yeah that's right.
>>
>>9466147
>>9466117
I guess I'll share what my story's about too, since you broke the ice by sharing yours.

It's a sci-fi/fantasy/martial-arts series about a slave that escapes his colony and becomes a interdimensional vagrant, just wandering between planets and trying to avoid bounty hunters. He gets his ass kicked so he spends a year learning martial arts on a moon outside the center solar system.
At the martial arts school, he learns of these alien artifacts that give humans super powers. Some shit goes down, and he goes on a journey searching and destroying these artifacts, while obtaining his own.

There's a lot of gratuitous sex and explicit violence. A lot of descriptions of him breeding with plump alien women. Ultimately it's just going to be a story about a man trying to obtain revenge and peace, and whether it is truly possible to have both.
>>
>>9466194
Sounds pretty interesting, why are the bounty hunters after a lowly slave?
>>
>>9466224
Slaves in this setting are pretty much universally marked with their ID code on their neck. It's pretty much known by everyone that if you see a slave that's out of place, you can turn them in for a few credits.
Slaves in this setting also have a temporary period of relief from their duties. They have half of a seasonal cycle to go do whatever they want, as long as they return to their station by their designated time. Most are complacent with this lifestyle and are comfortable with serving everyone else. But this slave decides that he's just not coming back, and that he is willing to live in the "wilderness" between colonies if it means keeping his freedom.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.