[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello lads its William Tanner Vollmann here. For the 10th anniversary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: william-t-vollmann-01880001-18.jpg (34KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
william-t-vollmann-01880001-18.jpg
34KB, 320x200px
Hello lads its William Tanner Vollmann here. For the 10th anniversary of my book poor people I will be writing an article for National Geographic asking the exact same question to a different audience. So here it is. Why are you poor /lit? Thanks for your time. Be as vague or as in depth as you like.
>>
I'm not tbqh, I'm rich in the Lord's grace.
>>
>>9465608
Is your article going to be 250,000 words long Mr Vollmann?
>>
>>9465612
Good to hear anon. If you dont mind me asking how old are you and what do you do? What brings you to /lit and 4chan in general?
>>
>>9465623
I have been given 5 whole pristine pages. So no not that many. A lot has changed in the last 10 years boys. looking forward to hearing from you.
>>
>>9465608
I'm poor because I tell myself I haven't spent any time or effort on becoming rich. Which allows me to believe that I could become less poor if I ever really wanted to.
Or maybe I'm poor because I was raised around poor people. That whenever I felt bad about my circumstance I could easily just think about someone who was worse off, at least I'm not an alcoholic, homeless, starving or in jail.
Or maybe I don't properly value money. I can always convince myself to go without, that I can live simply and on very little. Then there's no real acquisitive drive to get more money.
Or maybe I'm poor because I fantasize about being candidly photographed by some NatGeo poverty tourist.
>>
>>9465608
I'm poor because I was duped by my university and their phony job placement rate, and I'm in debt up to my rectum. Of course I was not smart enough to research it well before I enrolled, but them's the breaks.

Who was your favorite street woman?
>>
>>9465707
Dolly down on haight in 87. She used to ask me for a can of pepsi everytime I saw her. She would go and sell it after I left. I never cared though if she asked me for change I might have gave her some. Never once asked.
>>
>>9465608
Are you the one who claims people don't like your books because you are ugly, and not because of your paragraph structure and pretentious editing?
>>
>>9465608
I'm "poor" because I don't spend money.
>>
>>9465720
Son you didnt enjoy the dying grass?
>>
>>9465727
BRILLIANT premise, descriptive prose, and scope.
SHIT structure, narrative, flow
>>
>>9465759
I read Europe central pretend vollman. It was better. Also I am not poor.
>>
>>9465608
Because I don't want money? I live in my parents summer home and do just fine with the allowance they give me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.