[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you fuckers have a favorite book written by a comedian? Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: images (2).jpg (65KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
65KB, 474x720px
Do you fuckers have a favorite book written by a comedian? Pic related is mine. Well actually, pic related is the only one I've ever read, so it's my favorite by default.
>>
Colin Quinn's the coloring book is right up there with norm, it may actually be better. Patton Oswalt also wrote two decent books before his wife died and he went off the deep end.
>>
>>9464496
literally redd!t: the book
>>
>>9464496
I read Bernie Mac's book when I was like 8 or something. I don't remember much besides him making fun of ignorant black people saying centipede instead of centigrade.
>>
>>9466687
Maybe You Never Cry Again by Bernie Mac. I haven't thought about that book in years, I just remember him saying that you should beat kids because they are about as smart as a dog and violence is the only thing they understand. Also him sharing cereal milk with his siblings.
>>
File: 11457a32e4.png (152KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
11457a32e4.png
152KB, 438x420px
>>9465542
that doesn't even make sense
>>
>>9464496
>Foreword by Louis C.K.

Why does Norm have the worst friends?
>>
monitoring this thread
>>
If Bill Burr had anything as far as text goes I'd be all over that shit, otherwise I don't really know of a comedian whose perspective is nuanced enough to say much of interest off the stage.
>>
>>9469265
bill burr sucks, his marriage has turned him into everything he used to hate
>>
>>9465537
>"wife died"
>implying he didn't murder her
>>
File: 1423044919120.jpg (56KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
1423044919120.jpg
56KB, 382x358px
>>9464496
>that chapter about his childhood in rural canada
the ending was just a goof, right?
...right?
>>
File: 28589336._UY500_SS500_.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
28589336._UY500_SS500_.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>
the apple store is really funny (by seinfeld2000)
>>
>>9464496
Can't name a specific book, but when I was sick in later elementary or some of middle school my dad read me Dave Barry books and I became rather fond of them.
>>
File: stew.jpg (48KB, 564x404px) Image search: [Google]
stew.jpg
48KB, 564x404px
How I Escaped My Certain Fate: The Life and Deaths of a Stand-Up Comedian by Stewart Lee
>>
>>9469689
I don't see why you say that, judging solely from his comedy specials and not his podcast content which may well afford a closer look at his personal life. But in his defense I'd say it's more the modern political zeitgeist that has forced him to conform to a lot of the shit he used to be able to rail against with impunity, for want of keeping his career stable. And I don't begrudge him that - though his most recent standup special was comparatively limpwristed.
>>
nm
>>
You see that weather balloon over there?
>>
>>9469689
Burr has just grown up and gotten a different perspective on the world, and if you listen to his podcast you'll understand he hasn't even changed all that much. The podcasts that come out on Thursdays have 45 minute segments from podcasts in like 2009 that will showcase this.
>>
>>9464496
>>9470504
good

also:
Barry Crimmins - Never Shake Hands With a War Criminal
Moshe Kasher - Kasher in the Rye (so I've heard)
Jay Mohr's book about being in the SNL trenches
>>
>>9468600
Huh? I'd love to be Louie's friend.
>>
>>9470504
Stewart Lee must be the most /lit/ stand-up. Can anyone else compare?
>>
Norm is the most /lit/ comedian. No one else even comes close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWujBTtbuBM
>>
New episodes when
>>
>>9471854
>>9471850

Stewart Lee and Norm Macdonald are proof of the horseshoe theory. They have basically opposite approaches to comedy yet wind up with very similar shticks. I love them both.
>>
>>9464496
4chan greentexts.
>>
>>9471850
>>9471854
Mitch Hedberg is the DFW of comedy, so him.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.